The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
master of the custom cai
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i read sum posts bout that underhood heat shield that is on the bottom of the hood(the big black thing) and i read it saying itl make ur intake louder, adn that its only good for fire deflection, just in case. anyone remove it???:confused:

·
Resident NICO Mod
5,972 Posts
I got a CF hood and didnt transfer the heat shield, the WAI is much more noticable now.

·
missing El Polo Loco...
2,165 Posts
well, if you happen to be driving in a cold rain, you'll instantly notice smoke arising from the surface of the hood, nothing to it, just heat transfer, but it may also shortens the paint life, but that haven't happend to me yet.

·
4,020 Posts
I wouldn't worry about taking it off because the XE models didn't even come with it. Only the GXE and up were blessed with this feature.

·
Incognito
6,134 Posts
ASHURA said:
well, if you happen to be driving in a cold rain, you'll instantly notice smoke arising from the surface of the hood, nothing to it, just heat transfer, but it may also shortens the paint life, but that haven't happend to me yet.
neither has mine, and if it hasnt happened yet, it's not going to happen.

·
1,484 Posts
Yeah I took mine off about 3 months ago. I'm liking it so much better. It looks so much nicer under the hood now, with that big black thing hiding the paint, out.

·
EXPLICIT EDITION
324 Posts
233kaltima said:
i plan on getting a cf hood, should i remove mine and not even worry about paint?
Like JlewisiSyr said, the XE models didn't even come with them from the factory so I wouldn't worry about your paint getting messed up from taking it off. Mine has had no problems at all. :cool:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts