The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where to get these or if they are made for altima's Second Gen.? Thanx!

·
U13 Drifter
624 Posts
I was wondering about this too after watching a japanese tuning video where they lifted up a ferarri and showed the underbody spoiler and how efficient it was. I think the only way to actually get one for our cars would be to make one custom.

·
U13 Drifter
624 Posts
HiGhGrAdE00 said:
exactly what is it??:confused:
well, it's a huge piece of fiberglass that goes under the car and is shaped to create a wind tunnel and pull the car down to the ground, it's just a spoiler but it goes under your car so the faster you go the more downforce keeps your car stable

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah it gives the car a nicer look. I am very interested if anyone knows. Thanks alot!

-Ben

·
U13 Drifter
624 Posts
well, the only place i ever even heard of it was on the ferrari mondeo so i don't think there is really a market for it yet, one could probably be custom made though

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
uh, right you wanna put a underbody spoiler for what? You hardly ever drive over 100mph, these things are for 180+mph cars, you wanna put one on an altima? WTF

·
U13 Drifter
624 Posts
well that's a good point but i wouldn't go so far to say 180... over 100mph is more like it. It's no secret our cars have issue's with downforce and high speed stability, i'm sure over 120mph something like this would help keep the car going straight and stuck to the ground pretty well

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Biohamhock said:
well that's a good point but i wouldn't go so far to say 180... over 100mph is more like it. It's no secret our cars have issue's with downforce and high speed stability, i'm sure over 120mph something like this would help keep the car going straight and stuck to the ground pretty well
I've done 120mph and the car was fine, I just don't see the point, how often are you gonna drive at 120mph, one or twice, and for a couple of seconds. Way to blow a couple of hundred

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think we are talking about 2 different thing. The underbody spoiler is like an accessory on some cars. I have seen it on Honda's and Toyota's before. Am I saying it with a different name?

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
BenK said:
I think we are talking about 2 different thing. The underbody spoiler is like an accessory on some cars. I have seen it on Honda's and Toyota's before. Am I saying it with a different name?
you must be talking about a front lip, or spoiler(even though it doesn't create any downforce)

Stillen makes one for the 2nd gen

·
Genki desu ka
280 Posts
95_XE said:
uh, right you wanna put a underbody spoiler for what? You hardly ever drive over 100mph, these things are for 180+mph cars, you wanna put one on an altima? WTF
The Lexus LS 430 has something like that to keep drag down. You would be amazed by the drag coef. on it.

Yeah it does seem like a waste of money to me to put one on an Altima.

·
Traded in Alti!!!
118 Posts
95_XE said:

I've done 120mph and the car was fine, I just don't see the point, how often are you gonna drive at 120mph, one or twice, and for a couple of seconds. Way to blow a couple of hundred
I hit that God Honest probably every to every other day, and sometimes for 5-10 minutes 15 max!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I finally found a pic of a car with an underbody spoiler.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
DO they make one of those for the altima?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts