The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Bruised Soup
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this cost me $9.95 for FIVE cans of the rubber undercoating....it takes maybe 2 days to fully dry, and my car smells like a newly paved road (atleast for now:p ) but man it looks much MUCH better!!!

the first pic, resized....

·
Bruised Soup
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the first pic looks like i sprayed too much, but infact that is sound deadening from the previous owner, and since i am going to be dynomatting it with home depot stuff and then adding a rubber mat and then new carpet and then floor mats, i am not too worried what i looks like, even though the whole car looks great!!! here is the last pic i will post, unless by popular vote you guys wanna see more....attbi.com (where i have 10MB of space) is being a bitch about hosting my pics..it always says "requests not meet due to time out" or some stupid sh!t l;ike that..
took me about an hour to do this interior, that includes vacuming out the interior, taking out the front seats and masking off the wires that are now visible...(not in this pic, tho)

·
Bruised Soup
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Frea_Kanata said:
my brother did the samething to his gmc jimmy. that car is so gonna look fuckin mint when its done.
who's car, mine or your brothers?? i know mine will look mint:p

\thanks alot for the compliments!!! i knew that once i did this small mod, it would do TWO things (well, main things)
first, it would look 900% much better!!!
and secondly, people (especially neighbors) would know i mean business about restoring my car!!! next major purchase is the Audi third brake light in september and the disc brake upgrade....

·
Bruised Soup
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
eatmocake said:
you are gonna put the sr20 in that right? how do you go about learning how to do somthing like that?
well, today i was in the wrecking yard just wandering the 15 acres they have and was just looking at the various wheels and different parts i could use, whichj i think is fun as hell, you get to be creative...
anyways, i came across this 92 240SX (the first year the KA24DE was available) and it made me think about swapping that motor in..it had about 75K miles, and i bet i could get the tranny and everything for a fair price...
but then i thought about dropping it from 4th to 3rd at 80 mph and seein the boost jump and the ass end getting squirlly, and that is what i really want!!! i am willing to wait the extra 3-4 months for the SR!! plus a 30 year old WAGON cleanin house at the races would be sweet....

there are documented articles on the SR swap, both the SR20DE and the SR20DET...people on the bluebird list have done it and i ask them questions...
the interior i hope to have done by october....will be sweet to finally listen to a radio in my car:p havent done that since my altima days

keep the comments coming, give me your opinions...

·
OG member
2,449 Posts
from a beginner's standpoint, tho where would you start learing that stuff? did you take shop in HS and stuff? i know my dad grew up around that kind of stuff so he knows a little bit but ive had basically no exposure lol

·
Bruised Soup
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i actually learned alot on my 1990 GLI...i really didnt have a dad growing up, so i just learned from experience and trial and error....
just like some of the mods i did on the altima, maybe that i pioneered:p like the home depot intake or the benz lights;)
but i will just learn by trying..they make an install kit for the SR20..like motor mounts, moddified oil pan, pick up tube, cross member, etc..it is like $400....
if you never try, you will never learn..and it is much easier to do things your self than to try to get instructions from someone over the phone or internet....i hadnt ever put in an alternator before i swapped in an internally regulated one on my 510...and i installed my first clutch and starter on the altima

1 - 9 of 9 Posts