The Nissan Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
ProChoice=Bottle or Draft
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I installed my underdrive pulley about a week ago, and at first I didn't notice any electrical difference, but now my car doesn't seem to excited to start, I assume this means that the pulley being smaller, doesn't give enough power to my alternator, which isn't charging my battery very well.

Does anyone else experience this?

Bo

·
Girl-Moderator
1,127 Posts
I haven't noticed any dimming of anything or any starting problems on mine. And I'm running a Soundstream200 amp, pretty big Autotek 800Xi, 2 sets of strobes, a 18" blue neon,
and Jacob's ignition which is directly connected to the battery. I'm running an Optima. Been a least a few months now that my bf
put the pulley on.

maddoggxe said:
after getting mine put on i notice that the dash lights where dim

·
*Honorary Member* Bass&Style is all U need.
3,816 Posts
I've had my pulley since June and now my lights are starting to dim... That's cause of 2 reasons.

#1 High powered stereo.
#2 Old battey.

I'd say you're due for a new battery.

·
ProChoice=Bottle or Draft
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And the winner is...................

bad battery.

After closer inspection to the side terminals, it would appear that one of them was broken off, and the copper on the inside was showing, not only that, but also arching to the frame.......and I wondered why I was always getting shocked when I touched my car (seriously!).

Thanks all,
Bo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.