The Nissan Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my car to get oil change inspection and brake flush today. 2018 Altima sr
Picked it up after work so service was gone. I have 22,000 miles on the car.
Front brakes are at 7 and 8 but rear are at 4 and 5. I have never had a small car wear brake pads so soon or unevenly. Service called and said everything was good on the car. When I picked it up the rear breaks are in the yellow.
Any idea what would cause the uneven premature wear. I don’t ride the brakes.
Any information would be helpful.
Thanks

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
Your pads start off thicker in the front. Wear rate is directly related to the composition...your 2018 is probably setup for better breaking performance, which means more bite and more wear of the pad and rotor. As for the side to side...I wouldn't worry if they're only off by 1....helps dealer convince you to 'replace' with plausible deniability in the event they are actually 8/8 and 5/5...oh, it was just a measurement error...right. Check again on your next oil change in 6m or so...if the differences stay +/- 1 it's all good.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your pads start off thicker in the front. Wear rate is directly related to the composition...your 2018 is probably setup for better breaking performance, which means more bite and more wear of the pad and rotor. As for the side to side...I wouldn't worry if they're only off by 1....helps dealer convince you to 'replace' with plausible deniability in the event they are actually 8/8 and 5/5...oh, it was just a measurement error...right. Check again on your next oil change in 6m or so...if the differences stay +/- 1 it's all good.
Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.