Nissan Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Simple Pleasures C.C.
3,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are a few pics that I posted before the site had some problems....I just decided to repost since there were several questions about it all. There is one before pic and several after pics of the project. I swapped the 2000 headlamp assemblies into my 98 SE. It was a simple project but made a ton of difference.....
BEFORE

AFTER

***Instructions are posted below....

·
Simple Pleasures C.C.
3,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
2000 Headlamp install on 98-99 Altima
-------------------------------------

1. Remove the corner lamps and remove the bulb assembly.

2. Remove the headlamps. First, loosen the two bolts on the sides of the lamps (note this bracket). Then remove the two nuts on the backside of the headlamps, these are on the inside corners. Remove the harness and pull the assembly out.

3. You will need to cut out the brackets that the sides of the headlamp assembly mounted up against.

4. After removing the brackets on both sides you can mount the driver's side lamp.

5. Before you mount the passenger side lamp you will need to make one more cut. If you line up the assembly as to mount it, you will notice that there is not enough room to attach the harness. You will need cut out a square from the metal approximately 3"x3".

6. Once you have cut this piece, you will be able to mount the passenger's side headlamp.

7. The only thing left will be wiring up the other lights. You can use your socket from your old corner lamp to place it in the new headlamp assembly, but you will have to lengthen the wiring.

8. You will need to find (from a junkyard) the wiring harnesses for the other two lights and hook them up also. The headlamp assembly had 4 lights in it. I would reccommend 1 headlight, 2 blinkers, and 1 "cruising light".

9. The tools you will need are phillips head screw driver, socket wrench, short extension, 10mm sockets, air saw or cutting wheel, wire strippers, and crimpers. Approximate installation time is from 30-60 minutes.

·
Too Loud??? Never!!!!
167 Posts
Nice job. Now you can claim to own a 2000-2001.

·
Dreamer
2,712 Posts
Looks good! Hey why don't you do the whole conversion! Get the 00-01 bumper! Maybe you can sell the car for more if you ever decide to let it go :D

·
Simple Pleasures C.C.
3,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RPMK104 said:
Looks good! Hey why don't you do the whole conversion! Get the 00-01 bumper! Maybe you can sell the car for more if you ever decide to let it go :D
WTF? Why the hell a 2000 bumper.....not going to try to pose it off as a 2000+, first off its easy as hell to look at the door seal and see on the sticker and 2ndly the VIN is for 98. Who cares what year it is...Plus I have plans for the front and all anywho!

·
Registered
194 Posts
hey our cars almost look identical. I have a black cherry 98 with the 2000 headlights too. But I have the chrome signature bar.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Looks good Solace. But while you were at it, you shoulda figured out how to remove those dam orange corners. Do you plan on doing that ? I'm sure you can find a way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
8 Participants
ABC
Nissan Forums
Welcome to Nissan Club, one of the largest Nissan forum communities. Discussion, reviews, maintenance and more.
Full Forum Listing