The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A fellow at Maxima.org has stated the following...

Originally posted by sammax89
According to Nissan at the NADA meeting, the Altima will get an all new interior in 2004... fully upgraded and improved to quell the criticism of those who see how cheap it is.
...in reference to a discussion about Maxima pricing and market positioning of the Altima/Maxima and some other cars.

Guy is a newbie but seems intelligent/legit (clipped this from a long post) so maybe this is some good news?

Has anybody else heard of any future plans/upgrades for the Altima?

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,269 Posts
Well...that is gonna piss me off...Go take your depressing news and you maxima elsewhere....I will go cry now:(

Thanks for the info Steve

Isn't that the reason you did not choose the altima??? The piss poor interior??? If memory serves me right....

·
The advice guy
508 Posts
It's cool for me..

I don't really mind. It was to be expected the Altima's interior isn't the best. But it's attention in marketing was never for its interior. It's what got me to get one. However it doesnt bother me much. I will be getting a new Altima, or WRX in 3 years anyway. So It will be something to consider then. I'm looking forward to see the new interior and can't wait for pictures, but I'll be full of jealousy.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Speaking of interiors, I recently sat in my uncles Camry LE and was wondering where the great interior they talked about was. It looked dated. The interior of the Altima did feel to be of higher class than the Camry. Anyway after sitting in the lower-price trims of the other cars I think the interior of the Altima 2.5S is just fine.
The loaded 3.5SE, on the other hand, I'm not too sure...

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,269 Posts
I do not like the looks of the camry inside...Looks like an old mans car

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
I dunno, I have a friend with a Camry and it looks cheesy to me. I'd take my Altima interior any day over that Camry....and he paid more on his car than I did on mine.

·
A+, MCP
1,111 Posts
Focus, focus. We're talking about the cheap "materials", not design. My gf cousins' 2002 Camry does uses better material for the interior compare with Altima. Regardless the design.

·
SHIFT_performance
779 Posts
An improved interior for 2004 would be very nice. I think that with an improved interior, the Altima would probably be rated the best sedan by far. :D So far, every magazine has liked the Altima, but it gets points off for the cheap interior. :(

·
Registered
80 Posts
I drove my gf's sister's 2002 4cyl Camry. My first reaction when I sat in the car was, huh?? The interior is way out dated. Next reaction was to the ride of the car. It's great if your a 40 year old mom but what a bore to drive. No power and very soft handling.

·
Registered
175 Posts
HKNinja said:
Focus, focus. We're talking about the cheap "materials", not design. My gf cousins' 2002 Camry does uses better material for the interior compare with Altima. Regardless the design.
I don't agree with that after sitting in the Camry LE. The materials used isn't of any better quality than the Altima, and sitting in both, the Altima just feels more higher class. When you add the leather, wood and navigation interior then the Camry starts to look nicer but in the base trim, the Altima's interior is better IMO.

·
TALL member
11,882 Posts
the 03's already have newer interior...lets see..the piece where the gas tank lever is, the seats are different as well as the cloth on the doors, the dash pieces, including the cup holder section( MOST PEOPLE DON'T KNOW THIS), and the armrest. Hmm...interested to see what nissan does

·
Registered
49 Posts
Put me down in the "will be pissed/jealous" column if so. I think that our interior materials are also lightweight. Thick, heavy dashes/panels weigh alot. And I hope to keep my contact with the dash to a minimum. But yeah, for a near 30k car, some of it is kinda dissappointing (carpet for me.)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
TweekersAltima said:
the 03's already have newer interior...lets see..the piece where the gas tank lever is, the seats are different as well as the cloth on the doors, the dash pieces, including the cup holder section( MOST PEOPLE DON'T KNOW THIS), and the armrest. Hmm...interested to see what nissan does
I test drove a 2003 SE 5spd a month or so ago and the interior improvements were very noticeable. Much less rough around the edges and the materials seemed to be improved as well.

Further improvement would definitely be a good thing, and probably necessary as well. Now that the 2003 Accord is out, which also has 240HP (although less torque), Nissan will need to upgrade the Altima for it to have any hope of competing against the Honda. I see a lot more 03 Accord V6's with temp tags on nowadays than Altima's. From sitting in the 03 Accord, the interior is definitely much nicer.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
HKNinja said:
Exactly! :cool:

I sat in a fully loaded 2002 Camry XLE V6 and regardless of what you think of the design, the interior materials were worlds better than most other cars I've seen and you seriously feel like you're sitting in a 1st class car.

My better-half has a 2002 Highlander Limited and that's another example of first-rate materials. You sit in that thing and you feel like you're in a Lexus. :)

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,269 Posts
My boss has a new Camry....I noticed more wind noise than in the Alti....it was actually annoying

·
TALL member
11,882 Posts
well SteVtec, I thought that the accord interior was actually pretty crappy and was way overrated by everyone that has said that's it's much better. As a matter of fact, I went car shopping w/ and for my friend and when we both sat in the accord, he was very disappointed by the let down. There's so much hype about that car that actually sitting in it is disappointing. Interestingly enough, my friend decided on an 03 Crystal Blue Altima 2.5S...he's gonna get it sometime this month. Says a lot.
Also, I think the highlander is really nice. It should remind you of a Lexus since it is basically an RX300:D

About the camry, I sat in one of those and IMO, the interior materials LOOK better but when you touch them, they are not better and actually, they are very similar quality as the altima. I'm sure fit is better tho. The design of the Altimas interior is MUCH better tho. If you are goin' for good LOOKING interior (material-wise) and better fit, the camry would be the way to go. But if you're goin' for Looks(design wise) and general comfort, Alty is the best IMO.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts