The Nissan Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just picked up an 02 Altima 2.5S loaded and gave my reliable '98 Altima SE to my 17 year old daughter. The '98 has 110K. The '02 has 15K miles which I bought for $16K.

The dealer did a decent job of going over the car. They replaced the fluids, filters and did a front brake job. Afte getting the car home I noticed that the driver's side door squeaks when closed. I can see they applied some grease to the extension bar, but it is still squeaking. I will probably bring it back to them in a week to get this fixed.

Before finalizing the deal, I went to the Nissan web site and printed out the recall notices for '02 Altimas. According to the VIN, 3 of the recalls applied to my car - fuel pump screen, exhaust hanger and engine sensor. However, the service manager said that only 1 recall notice needed to be done - the engine sensor.

Does anyone have experience with recall notices for an 02 Altima? Is the range of VINs on the Nissan web site accurate? The car I bought was from a 2 year lease, so I doubt the previous owner took care of the recalls. What can I do to make sure these recalls are taken car of?

I have 6 months left on the original warranty. Is there anything else I should look at before the warranty run out?

·
X-Mod
6,471 Posts
The other two recalls may already have been performed, or may not apply. I think the fuel pump screen is only for cold climates. The dealer would perform them if they applied.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I had a squeaking when I used to shut the front doors. Ended up being the hood, just tightened down the rubber hood stops a little and it went away. This was a very common problem a lot of people had. You might want to check that out.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From Mass

I live in one of the cold climate states listed in the recall notice. I sent an email to Nissan via their web site asking for their advice. Will be curious to see the response. I may call the Nissan office if the email does not work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts