The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Erect Member
18,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now that i have my engine back together. ive determined that im one tooth off on both cams. full advance on the dis only gives me 20 degrees. will i be able to pull the exhaust cam gear ONLY pulling the valve cover, and NOT the upper timing cover? will i be able to take the pressure off the tensioner with, lets say, a long screwdriver? when i had it apart, i never thought to look and see if it could be done that way...and i think i can get a thin breaker bar on the cam gear bolt. i just dont want to tear this shit down that far again, what a pain in my ass.:angry2:

·
Import Tech.
4,670 Posts
Yes , youu can remove the gears with just the valve cover off , once you have them set right , you just use a large screw driver or smal pry bar to push the tentioner back into itself , it will want to spring back , it takes about 4 hands to do it , but it can be done !!!! I have changed cams ( adjusting valves ) without removing the upper cover many times

·
Erect Member
18,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kewl! thanks bro, it was enough work the first time... just to HEAR that someone did it is enough for me at this point. ill figure it out then, thanks.

·
dismember
11,347 Posts
u can do it :eek: ur car is bein such pain in the butt :(

·
Erect Member
18,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dont i know... :( you know why? it wants that 2000 engine... it can practically SMELL it.

·
dismember
11,347 Posts
w0rd up! da tranny is miiiine :D

·
dismember
11,347 Posts
lol, wouldn't it be incredibly funny that my car would be faster with that tranny ;)

·
Erect Member
18,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hehe, NO. if i get that engine, its getting the whole head job. ( i said head job ;) ) ill make sure that ****er is faster, lol.

·
dismember
11,347 Posts
gawd dammit, i guess i need to get an extra head to mod too :mad:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts