The Nissan Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i put on the UR pulley from courtesy nissan, (good parts dealer so far). first i wanna say that sanding the pulley or crank w/ emery cloth wasn't necessary, instead a little oil worked wonders. after installation, i test drove without much to say about gains from this mod. i drive an auto, so there you go. but i proceeded by shooting the timing to see if something was messed up or needed adjustment. to my suprise, timing was retarted by like 10 degrees. i know my timing was right on the money at 20 btdc w/ tps disconnected and idle at 700 before i put the pulley on. now i try to bump timing up a lil and i can't get it to go to 20 before because the distributor will not turn any more. has anyone experienced changes in these readings after pulley installation. i dont see how i could go wrong w/ lining the pulley on the shaft 'cause it is keyed to the pulley, right? something is wrong and i can't seem to tell the correct timing w/ a light. all i can do so far is guess by the sound and keep it up just enough to avoid knocking. please let me know something if you know what you are talkin about

jacob

·
Registered
25 Posts
i have had my pulley on for about four months now and i never experianced anything like that before. my timing is absolutley fine at 20. and when i tested my car with the pulley for the first time i noticed a huge difference. my car wanted to pull so much harder in the uppper rpm's. i don't know if you screwed anything up and i don't know if you could screw up the pulley install because it is so simple.

·
U13 Drifter
624 Posts
did you reset the ecu? it's weird you're having problems , i drive an auto too and the second i went WOT i noticed the pulley immedietly

·
Import Tech.
1,903 Posts
Yea .. the timing marks are way off on my pulley also .... I had to take mine off and compare it to the stock one , I believe the 0 is actually 20deg. .... so when you point your timing light you should actualy see the 0 mark , I would say put the timing back to where it was , or you could always compare them one on top of each other like I had to do ....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts