The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
One CrAzY Son Of A Bitch
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Anyone catch the game this morning? I woke up early just to make sure I saw all of it...and what a game it was! You could tell USA was really pouring their heart into this one. Also, what a performace by Marbury!! At the end, things got heated, but thats in the past now.

I am loving ESPN.com's coverage on the game(s). Check out these articles:

The haters can't handle the truth.

Fed up Team USA done playing nice guy.

GO USA! :D

·
One CrAzY Son Of A Bitch
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: USA Basketball...What Do You Think?

dsuave624 said:
That was a good article.
yea, i particularly liked...

"Everyone wants them out of the tournament," said Spain's Pau Gasol.

And the Americans know it. So screw the rest of the world.

·
One CrAzY Son Of A Bitch
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Re: Re: USA Basketball...What Do You Think?

dsuave624 said:
Wow! That was very well written too. He mentioned quite a few things that really make you think. Does anybody think the race card has anything to do with it?
do you see any other team this good that is all black? ;)

but you can't blame them...all of the good white guys in the NBA are from other countries. Steve Nash is Canadian, Norwitzski is something (i forget), Janobli is something else...its not like we have any Larry Bird's in the NBA right now (or at least that i can think of).

1,407 Posts
I like the fuck the world stuff but I still think that a convicted criminal should not be representing USA in any world games.

1,407 Posts
I am pretty sure Iverson has a record.

·
Smashing slores
2,419 Posts
Gavin said:
I think the only thing Iverson ever had was some kind of marital issues a few years ago.
Yeah thats it as far as I know, he and his wife had a very public altercation and he threw her out of the house, then he went looking for her with a bunch of his boys. Eventually they reconciled and she dropped the charges.

But he's no ex-con, although he pretends to be on his rap album.

1,407 Posts
Didn't he choke a coach?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Brawl

on February 14, 1993 * From what I know the brawl started because some white guys called some African-Americans "******s" in a bowling-alley. Iverson and his friend walked into the bowling alley just after the fight started. Few gave evidence that Ive took part in the brawl. However the incidence was home-videotaped and Iverson wasn't even in the film. There were no major injuries in the brawl, the only serious injuries were a concussion and some broken bones.. The White guys didn't get charged for anything but Iverson got sentenced for "maiming by mob". But the then Governor of Virginia Douglas Wilder granted clemency. Iverson had already served 4.5 months. Later the sentence was appealed and overturned. So from all this Iverson landed in Georgetown and in the hands of John Thompson, whom Iverson considers as his father figure. Iverson received so much crap from the fans & opposite teams in college they would play Jail House rock, calling names etc. Due to this brawl Felipe Lopez (St.Johns) became the most heralded High School player that year. But Iverson showed everyone in college who is better. He won the Big East's 1994-95 Rookie of the Year and the 1994-95 Big East Defensive Player of the year.

·
slow poke
3,139 Posts
Re: Re: Re: USA Basketball...What Do You Think?

Jolt21 said:
do you see any other team this good that is all black? ;)

but you can't blame them...all of the good white guys in the NBA are from other countries. Steve Nash is Canadian, Norwitzski is something (i forget), Janobli is something else...its not like we have any Larry Bird's in the NBA right now (or at least that i can think of).
Nowitzki is german and janobli is argentinian and we face them today. Janobli is really tough and its going to be great to see him go against duncan and Poppavich

1 - 20 of 27 Posts