The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
dat man in a black sedan
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there any certain format the Bose system likes to see? i have a 128 gb usb drive that i used on my previous car stereo (aftermarket Pionner NEX double din unit) and i have it organized in folders according to genre, then band then album, but the headunit only finds my first folder. Am i to put all the bands in one folder? do they prefer them all to be on the root?

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
7,040 Posts
I seem to recall somewhere that there was a 32G limit for our vintage of BOSE headends. Good news is 32GB drives come in cereal boxes these days ;)

·
dat man in a black sedan
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I seem to recall somewhere that there was a 32G limit for our vintage of BOSE headends. Good news is 32GB drives come in cereal boxes these days ;)
dag nabbit.... i was hoping this wasnt the case :( i guess ill have to dig like 4 of those out to fit all my music in my car at once. one genre per drive LOL

oddly, my 128 gb drive plays music, just not all of the stuff thats on the drive shows up in the listing

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
7,040 Posts

·
dat man in a black sedan
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i like how the one person says that 32 gb is enough for anyone LOL!!! ive been using a 128 gb stick for several years and have had MANY thoughts of justifying getting a 256. Musically, i could definitely use it, and at the time when i first thought about getting one, i coudnt justify spending the $250 on one. But nowadays, i CAN justify the $80 or so on one, but not really if the deck ant utilize it

·
Registered
50 Posts
I drive a 2015 Altima. I use a 128GB USB drive, with 71 GB used, FAT32. There are 10,943 files and 877 folders. It has five folders at the root level.
I don't always use this because it takes a long time for the system to index the drive each time I put it in. And, if the nav system is busy, the audio is choppy. So, I normally use smaller drives with fewer files. Most of the files are MP3 (there are a few text files). BUT, this drive works and I usually put it on "random all".

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am using the same device as you with 64GB capacity, I use to store a lot of songs and videos.
You need to install many songs and sounds as your phone ringtone. Visit the klingeltöne website that offers the best free phone ringtones available today.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts