The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a emial from a company that does a lot of Valve body jobs for Maximas, and he said that they have always done them for the Altima's, they said they offered it in the group but section a little over a year and a half ago and no one took them up on it, do you think this is a good mod for the money? It will shift faster then the best stick driver, and well, it will never miss a gear, It is also supposed to free up a little hp. Theoretically on a stock 3.5 auto you could get 0-60 somewhere in the 5.8 5.9's even 5.7's, shift kits are bad ass on mopar cars, just looking for some input.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
299 Posts
masonaltima said:
Just got a emial from a company that does a lot of Valve body jobs for Maximas, and he said that they have always done them for the Altima's, they said they offered it in the group but section a little over a year and a half ago and no one took them up on it, do you think this is a good mod for the money? It will shift faster then the best stick driver, and well, it will never miss a gear, It is also supposed to free up a little hp. Theoretically on a stock 3.5 auto you could get 0-60 somewhere in the 5.8 5.9's even 5.7's, shift kits are bad ass on mopar cars, just looking for some input.
Let me guess, mobiletek

or www.mobiletek.net ?

If so, there was a huge hype over this product for 4th generation maximas, and supposedly was supposed to free up about a half second in the quarter mile.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,324 Posts
Ask them where they are located and If I can just pull it out and drop it off at their shop if theyre local to socal cause Im in for this just tell me when to pull the vb and where to drop it off at.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No no your thinking that you get a brand new vb, you auctually take your vb off, and send it to them, thats why its so cheap.And the do next day delivery so down time is little.
 

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
Joined
·
15,218 Posts
This is the one mod I want..I watched them do it on a Camaro on HPTV yesterday...Not something I am going to tackle in my garage and mail out..that is for sure. I am looking for someone to do it in their shop..Our autos desparately need it
 

·
The Tat Man
Joined
·
612 Posts
wild willy said:
This is the one mod I want..I watched them do it on a Camaro on HPTV yesterday...Not something I am going to tackle in my garage and mail out..that is for sure. I am looking for someone to do it in their shop..Our autos desparately need it
Second all of that.... I have been watching this and other threads about this (like you Willy) and I am waiting for a couple of people to do this. I know a repair shop locally that would probably help me out (don't know how much they would charge me though yet). My whole family and many of my friends have been taking their cars there for repairs to them for over 13 years and I have done some computer work on the side for him. I really want to know how well this mod performs and whether or not those that do this mod are really happy with the results before I take this one on.
 

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
Joined
·
15,218 Posts
If this were my truck with the 350 mated to the american tranny..I would tackle it....But FWD...Japanese....and a parts dept that does not know the tranny from the gas tank..scares the hell out of me.

I have had the foot rest ordered for Scarzy for over 4 months.....

I I lose something for the GM tranny..I can get the part with in the hour........Not so with Nissan.....and they said there were some little balls that you have to be very careful DO NOT fall out of the VB.

In the auto tranny..This should be the most noticable gain you do.......if it works as they are supposed to.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
655 Posts
(although i have a manual) i emailed mobiletech.com and they said that they had done this mod to an 03' 3.5 show car for Kenwood Audio and that the car ran a 14.1 and that is with only the AEM intake and Stillen exhaust (no cat back). Okay- that is fukin fast- but i don't doubt their results a bit- i figure at the least you gain a tenth for every gear you hit during the quarter, so that is 0.3 right their for 3.5 autos. I mean the AMG mercedes are hitting 12.5 w/ the e55 w/ an auto and 13.4 with the C class amg and the guy said that their reconfiguration was very similar to mercedes autos.
I know this probably puts extra wear on the tranny but one its worth it - two its rice it can handle it and finally it the tranny does break how the hell is nissan gonna find out?
 

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
Joined
·
15,218 Posts
Stacey3.5 said:
(

I know this probably puts extra wear on the tranny but one its worth it - two its rice it can handle it and finally it the tranny does break how the hell is nissan gonna find out?
Soft sloppy slow slipping shifts wear out parts

Try to say that 5 times fast^:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
655 Posts
well then, i will take your word for it willy. Why would nissan make such a soft shifting tranny for a car that they advertise as a quick car?

and when i said it 5 times fast- i came out w/ " sloppy shit in my pants"
 

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
Joined
·
15,218 Posts
Stacey3.5 said:
well then, i will take your word for it willy. Why would nissan make such a soft shifting tranny for a car that they advertise as a quick car?

and when i said it 5 times fast- i came out w/ " sloppy shit in my pants"
don't know....most people who don't know any better ...think it is smooth:(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,149 Posts
i think vb jobs are good but just make sure the shifts aren't hard during normal cruising. I REALLY got tired of that while driving my 01 Mustang GT. In the end I wouldn't even use 1st gear to pull away because the 1-2 shift was too aweful and snapped my head back.

And yep sloppy slow shifts are worse for your tranny.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,324 Posts
yea quicker shifts will help your tranny... I will try to get this going after the headers, tuning, and coilovers. So figure like 3 weeks or so till I can get my vb out and sent out.

These guys provide instructions right? I can look through my ESM and get scared at the 4 million little pieces in this thing. I am hoping these are some damn good instructions, cause I dont wanna be buying tranny parts left and right.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top