The Nissan Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Über
7,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I was cruisin' around last weekend on my auto and playing around with 1-2-3-D, not gunning it or acting stupid about it. My goal was to get the valve open at the shift points so that you can hear the WAI or CAI whistle at that moment as you would hear in a manual tranny. Here's what I found worked for me. If I pressed on the gas pedal about 3/4 of the way(not flooring it) but just enough to give it a generous amount of juice, bring it to about 4k rpms or higher then shift to 2,3, or D wherever your at then quickly but very slightly let go of the gas pedal. You can hear that whistle as you hear with most sticks with CAI or WAI. Repeat that when shifting to 2,3, or D If you do it just right you can really hear the whistle loud. And, if you don't give it enough juice, less than about 3500 rpms the valve just stays open when you slowly accelerate. It seems 4k rpms or higher is the magic #. :D Hope this might be of interest with those with auto's :D

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
my intake whistles just with accelerating like 3 grand. it whistles towards the end of first and through 2nd keeping it in D position.

Yeah, and a good way to start really feeling your tranny shifting. dont keep doing that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts