The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Stringz of Death
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yea i know...Ground Controls only right?

i wanna know if anyone has any experience with this company and its products, and if so how do they stack up? i really want a set of coilovers, but 400 bucks is just out of my reach and ive been looking for a set of used GC's for a while, with no luck (even on Ebay...and it makes me with i had a Honda or Acura, GCs for 250!!!)

so, i know everyone hates Dropzone and Arospeed (dont they have like 500lb spring rates? ouch...) but its almost getting to the point where im gonna get a set of DZ coilovers or Vaos or something and just wanna know what are the pros/cons besides springs and possibly the hardware not being coated against the elements, etc. oh and the wrenches instead of the "one-hand" adjustability of GC's.

i love my H&R's and if they made CO's for our cars id probably get them, but they dont and GC's are very pricey...help!!!!

and i want info, not "theyre crap". no offense, we all do that LOL

·
missing El Polo Loco...
2,165 Posts
well, frankly, I wouldn't know how they truly are.. went to check their site www.vaos.net and looked at their application guide..hmm, Enzo?

Then I went to look at their 2 main distributors, Air Dynamic Racing (ADR? not sure), and Volution.. in anycase, Air Dynamic Racing is currently offering a special? for $90 per set.. http://www.airdynamicracing.com/shop/category.phtml?cat=Suspension ...

they seems ok I guess..for a trial..

·
Stringz of Death
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea, i didnt look at the App. guide...and those coilover kits are 1500 bucks!!! thats a lot. other cars are 300.

i just dont know though...what do you think, should i be a guinea pig for all of Altimas.net? LOL maybe they are as good as Ground Controls...i just wish i could find something online to let me read some reviews or SOMETHING! or lots of people's opinions...ya know?

·
missing El Polo Loco...
2,165 Posts
well, if you wanna be a guinea pig, go ahead.. Spent couple more minutes googling them... seems to be the 450 front /350 rear variety.. Seems nice, though if I were to order one, I'd see if the spring seats are at all compatible with ERS...

·
Stringz of Death
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
damn, those are pretty high rates, considering they are going to be on a STREET car, mostly street...havent done any racing yet!

ive also been reading up a lot on DropZone, and although a lot of people down them on here, there seems to be a lot of satisfied customers. it seems that most people that dog them used them on stock struts, when they need to be paired with stiffer struts (like Tokicos). hell, even Alex of SWA in a post i found said he rode in two cars, one with GCs/Toks and one with DZs/Toks and said the ride quality was the same...stiff! LOL and i can imagine them being bouncy on stock struts...the Intrax springs i had were bouncy on my stockers...i can only imagine stiffer coilovers...

i just dont know what the hell to do man...do i stay with H&R, or go DZ coilovers, or the Vaos coilovers (alosamitla is selling a set of the Vaos for cheap...).

·
Stringz of Death
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
they were bouncy, but just slightly, and they were on stock struts with around 60K miles. they were just too low and not stiff enough for me. went to H&R's and i love them, but i just want it a bit stiffer and want to raise up the rear a little...coilovers are the only way to do that to my knowledge, so im kinda stuck there LOL

i know Auto-X guys use stiff rates, i know PT uses like 375/275 on his GC's and he says its very firm...i just dont want something thats like a brick. i like it stiff, but bone-jarring is just way too much! LOL then again, i dont know what 450/350 feels like...and dont know anyone with anything that i could check out before hand.

·
Stringz of Death
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i was wondering when you were gonna see this thread Tyler LOL

and ive been doing some searching and research...cant really find much about the Vaos coilovers. been doing searching on DropZones and some are happy, some arent.

hopefully i can convince myself to stay with the H&R's until i get the money for GC's or can find a used set (which would be better because it would be cheaper!) but back in the day there were a lot of used GCs around, now i cant find them at all!!!

just guess i gotta be patient. back when i redid my suspension i should have not gotten the sway bar and got the GC's...:( oh well, hindsight is always 20/20, but looking back is still a bit fuzzy!

·
2.0T, 2.3T, and 2.4 N/A
4,863 Posts
Jason..... save up for the GC... I am loving it even with KYB GR2s so far...

Just played aroudn with a bimmer 325i down the hilly roads... she got owned by the "white ghost" :cool:... three guys (a drunk driver inside) ... damn jersey fools :D

·
Stringz of Death
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
planning on saving up, but its probably gonna be a while! which makes me :(
but itll be worth it i hope!
right now im excited...got some subs getting hooked up tomorrow! 3 Jensen 10's, wired to handle 1650 watts, amps gonna be pushing 1000!!! talk about bass...LOL ill have the capability to bump bigtime, but i wont...i just want some bass while cruising down the highway...lost it when the header went on!!! 3 may be too much, but it was a present from a friend, and if 3 is too much, then im probably gonna do some swapping with him and cut it down to 2. but well see ;)

another reason i want the GC's. raise the rear a little due to the subs! didnt go down much, but did make the rear a tad lower (less than 1/4 of an inch). im picky about my ride height. no problems though with the ride with the subs in back. and the sound will be worth it i think :)

still gonna search around for some used GCs though...

·
Banned
430 Posts
sock_monki you decied on what your getting? I' think I'm gonna get the dz coilovers and some tokicos struts, I have dz springs now and they are not that bad but I want my front lower because it sits higher than my rear. You think tokicos can handle a 3" drop?

·
Stringz of Death
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
gonna go with GCs. Dropzones dont seem all that bad, just the quality of materials used. the GCs are 6061 aircraft aluminum...the DZs are who knows?
most people who have used both say they ride very similar, so im just going on a quality materials standpoint. although at one time or another ive thought about the DZ coilovers...

·
2.0T, 2.3T, and 2.4 N/A
4,863 Posts
no idea...

shit, my perch got stuck (driver side, front)... now I can't lower the car too much... So far all I can say is that I love GC...

too bad our altimas still weigh too much... my XE's gross weight is 40xx lbs... that's one heavy mofo.

·
2.0T, 2.3T, and 2.4 N/A
4,863 Posts
really???

pop your driver side door, and look at the sticker on the door frame... mine says 404x lbs as gross weight... and XE is the lighest of all Altima (do they even make XE for 2nd gen?? :p)

oh well... save up for GC... it's nice :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts