The Nissan Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I boned up and lost the small screen/filter that goes in the variable valve control solenoid supply port. I have been to two Nissan dealerships to try and get a new one and neither could find what I needed. Is there anybody out there that knows how or where to locate this?

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
They likely don't sell that separately, it would come with the entire valve body or maybe the solenoid.

Most very small parts have been gathered up to only sell with much larger parts or assemblies to increase the dollar amount of parts sales. All the OEMs do it now. They consider a small part sale like that below their expectation of profit.

If you can get a drain plug with a magnet in it then go without it, you may have no trouble at all doing it. I'm thinking of all those screens I've yanked to find them perfectly clean, all fluid there had to go through the filter first.

Maybe go to parts store and look through the a/c restriction parts or orifices for a/c. Fords use them a lot. They have screen in them about that fine that maybe could be cut up to make your part and the parts cost maybe $2. I know that Ford Tempos '88-'94 used a metal screen in the ATX filters that would yield a pretty big piece of that screen too. Up to you to make the shape good enough to work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts