The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright i was looking at the valve body upgrade from maximumtuning.com and i was wondering what would be the best upgrade for me because they have 3 different ones i guess. stock upgrade, street/strip and race. i drive my car everyday and want the good performance out of it, i just want to see what upgrade everyone has so any tips would be cool, thanks.

·
Garbologist Extrodonair
7,262 Posts
well, mines a daily driver too and i got the VB upgrade..... i got it in b/w the street/strip and the race...........and i love it, one of the best mods i got..........

·
Underachieving Genius
1,254 Posts
if it's your daily driver, either get street/strip or something btwn street/strip n race (like altimate94)...

if you're still unsure, your best bet would be to track down someone local who has a VB and get a test drive. Worst comes to worse, call up Jeff (max tuning) and talk to him.

edit: i have street/strip. i don't even notice it anymore

·
N20 Whore
1,323 Posts
I have all of the bolt-ons and juice, but i daily drive my car, should i go w/street/strip or the full out race setup?

·
slow poke
3,139 Posts
bowzer said:
I have all of the bolt-ons and juice, but i daily drive my car, should i go w/street/strip or the full out race setup?
When you juiced your car, did you upgrade any internal and what shot are you running? I was thinkin about juicin but haven't decided yet

·
Underachieving Genius
1,254 Posts
jree said:
You don't notice it as in performance or as in the jerkiness between shifts?
i don't notice that hard shifting anymore. if i stop to think about it, i will. the performance is still there :D

however, when i sit in a regular auto, i do notice the weakass shifting.

·
I'm The Yellow Member
5,268 Posts
jewce said:
i don't notice that hard shifting anymore. if i stop to think about it, i will. the performance is still there :D

however, when i sit in a regular auto, i do notice the weakass shifting.
You just got used to your VB, that's about it.

So there's an option of a VB between street/strip and race from maximumtuning? With TC and VB alty would eat so much gas...

·
N20 Whore
1,323 Posts
When you juiced your car, did you upgrade any internal and what shot are you running? I was thinkin about juicin but haven't decided yet
I didn't upgrade any internals, just run colder plugs, i'm runnin a 50 shot, and before i can go any higher i need to work on fuel issues

·
Incognito
6,134 Posts
AlienAlt said:
Do any of you have a tc and the vb?....
I have both the VB and TC from Level Ten... lets just put it this way, unless I really pay attention, I cant even feel it shift. nice and smooth.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah i was thinking after i got my VB and TC i was gonna go nitrous because i already have i/e/h/p and i dont really know what else to do because i have the 2nd with the ecu that sucks balls. Ive been getting into it more lately but im gonna try to go all out with performance.

·
Behold the Power of HID!!
1,255 Posts
AlienAlt said:
Do any of you have a tc and the vb?....
I do...and i got the Race version VB upgrade...chirpin into 2nd like a motha!!! Its kind of annoying in traffic though...cause it stills shifts hard at any RPM.

·
N20 Whore
1,323 Posts
^sounds good, looks like i will be goin w/the race version VB, protorque torque converter, tranny cooler and shift kit.

once i get the money:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
what shift kit? and what tranny cooler? for you guys with the street/strip, can you get a chirp @ wot?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts