The Nissan Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

Are services like CVT fluid exchange and Engine Coolant exchange, etc - covered under manufacturer warranty? I assume they are not but I am nearing 2 years on my 2014 Altima S and just want to make sure I get everything I can out of the warranty before it goes up at year 3. I have been fairly lucky in that nothing besides 5k oil changes and the minor recalls (passenger seat airbag software update and radio lights update).. although now that I have said something watch my CVT and alternator go up tomorrow lol.

I looked in the owners manual and it doesn't necessary say nor deny the aforementioned.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Information taken from the Nissan Warranty Information Booklet

MAINTENANCE SERVICE EXPENSE

This warranty does not cover normal maintenance services as specified in your NISSAN SERVICE & MAINTENANCE GUIDE such as engine tune-up; cleaning and polishing; wheel alignment; headlight aiming; replacement of filters, replacement of windshield wiper inserts, replacement of key fob batteries, lubricants, coolant; worn brake shoes, pads, drums and rotors and worn clutch discs.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I just took my car in this week to take care of a laundry list of issues before my 3/36 ran out.

Brakes squeal in reverse: Rust/pitting on rotor, turned them down under warranty
Center Console Loose: Tightened under Warranty
Spoiler double sided tape coming unfastened and sticking out: Fixed under warranty
Hood Latch: Fixed under recall

They found the battery terminals corroded and asked if I wanted service for $30, while doing this the cable end broke on the positive side and was replaced under warranty, they then found the battery was bad so that was replaced under warranty as well.

I did ask about checking the CVT life but they recommended only changing the oil at 50K if it needed it. Take advantage of that 3/36K while you have it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts