The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to still do some upgrades to my Alti so I am not ready to do an ECU upgrade, but I saw the information on the Venom 400. According to the specs this doesn't effect the ECU and can even work in conjunction with an upgraded ECU when they are installed together. Here's the question - Is this fact or wishful thinking that I could get gains from a magic box? Has anyone used this module and if so would you recommend this? What kinda gains did you get?

Appreciate any and all responses,
CiscoKidRB

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It gives you about .000000000000001hp, dont buy it its a piece of shit that cost alot. It might help if you have turbo and N2o but still it will give you .000001hp then.

·
Die Trying
2,554 Posts
My friend had one on his previous car, 94 Ford Probe. He said it sucked and was a waste of money. It did absolutely nothing!

It might be different for the Altimas, but i doubt it, and i do not recommend this product to anyone.

If anything, Jet makes something called V-Force. I knew someone with this in their Altima, and they loved and said they felt a difference. Who knows? I just think it's a waste of money all together, the whole electronic device thing. I don't suggest buying one. But if i had to recommend one, it would definately be the V-Force, by Jet Performance.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It wont do shit, it will only take your money for buying it. Some cavalier Z24 people said it didnt do shit. It has a 2.4L so i guess it almost the same engine.

·
Simple Pleasures C.C.
1,667 Posts
Hehe...I am just waiting for whoever it was from before to pipe up on this one.

Well I have the damn thing and it really isnt that noticable. Yes I did notice a little difference. But it isnt worth $325. I paid $160 shipped for mine and it came with a free replacement K&N filter. So I think it was worth that just to give it a try. My honest advice is DO NOT buy it. Save the money and use it towards something more worthwhile....

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AAAAaaaaahhhhh Crap!

In the back of my mind I was really hoping for different feedback, but I will go with honesty any day. I will just do my full exhaust system, upgraded ignition, lightened flywheel, intake, fuel rail, upgraded injectors etc. and then I'll go after the ECU upgrade. I am doing all engine and handling mods with zero exterior changes.....I plan to go out and cripple some Hondas...should be ready in a couple months.

Thnx for the heads up,
CiscoKidRB:)

·
Die Trying
2,554 Posts
Re: AAAAaaaaahhhhh Crap!

CiscoKidRB said:
In the back of my mind I was really hoping for different feedback, but I will go with honesty any day. I will just do my full exhaust system, upgraded ignition, lightened flywheel, intake, fuel rail, upgraded injectors etc. and then I'll go after the ECU upgrade. I am doing all engine and handling mods with zero exterior changes.....I plan to go out and cripple some Hondas...should be ready in a couple months.

Thnx for the heads up,
CiscoKidRB:)
Sounds like a good plan, but you won't need the fuel rail and injectors. What you have will do just fine. Ask JWT about it if you'd like. They said, unless you're runnin a turbo w/ a lot of boost or a 100 shot of Nitrous, it's not necessary to upgrade the injectors. I'd use the money elsewhere.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts