The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like to have people in my car and i also like to have good bass.I will be using a sealed inclosure to run 1 or 2 12s Could i cut about a 10 inch x 1inch slit in the rear deck to vent the subs into the car... would that sound like ass, reduce rattle, increase rattle... I have no rear speakers so it wont change the midrange sound. Any ideas or comments or has anyone done this????

·
Registered
399 Posts
I just open the pass through. I took the plastic thing out so now its just the cushion that comes down. You can really feel the bass more when its down too.

D

·
0 Posts
Casper111899 said:
I just open the pass through. I took the plastic thing out so now its just the cushion that comes down. You can really feel the bass more when its down too.
Thats exactly what I did to mine.

Demmy

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The pass through????? u mean the back seats or what?

·
Registered
399 Posts
The little rectangular thing in the middle of the back seat that folds down.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im in a 98 i dont have an arm rest back there...

·
Registered
399 Posts
If your gonna put "vents" in your back dash, 1.) take your time and plan before you start cutting. 2.) Make it look nice. Not just a hole. Example: Neons, and/or even a speaker cover, to make it look like there's a speaker there.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
could i just use the factory holes in the dash? remove the speaker, carpet covers the speaker so it woudl look factory i ust thought of that

·
Registered
399 Posts
Then what will you use for back speaker? You'll have uneven sound distibution.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Casper111899 said:
Then what will you use for back speaker? You'll have uneven sound distibution.

I dont have back speakers as it is. A rear stage is not nessesary. I have my CDTS in custom kicks up front bridged. sounds better than having rears. will using the rear holes as vets be ok?

·
Registered
399 Posts
I can't see why not. Just take the speakers out and let it vent through the hole.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts