The Nissan Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Nissan Versa. Back in October 2021, my car started going into limp mode (the check engine light would come on, as well as the traction control light, and the gas pedal wouldn't work). I would have to turn my car off and back on, then it would work okay for a little bit, and then go into limp mode again a few minutes later. Took my car to Firestone, they said it was the throttle body, and they replaced it. (Cost me about $600+)
Worked okay for a few months, and then in January 2022, I started noticing the exact same problems. Took it back to them, and they sad it was the throttle body AGAIN. They replaced it free of charge and said the part they put in must've been defective.
Now, in April 2022, it's doing the same thing AGAIN. Took it back to them for the 3rd time because the part is still under warranty. Once again they are saying it is the throttle body. They said everything else looks good, and nothing else is causing the throttle body to short out. They're telling me the car is just not accepting the aftermarket throttle bodies, and that the next step would be to try an OEM throttle body. Has anybody ever heard of this? Are there any mechanics here who have seen this? I cannot afford any car repairs right now, and certainly can't afford $1,000+ for the OEM part, so I'm just having them put in an aftermarket throttle body for the third time, because it won't cost me anything. But this is ridiculous to have to get my throttle body replaced every 4 months or so.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you figure it out, I have the exact problem, 1st tried the Cardone (rebuild) lasted 2 months then I got the Ansin (new) and it lasted 4 months now I'm wondering if I should drop for the oem?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope. On my 3rd one right now, they just installed another aftermarket one a few weeks ago. But I got Firestone to put it in writing that if this one goes out within the next year, they will just refund me my money. At that point I guess I will have to get the OEM one. It's insane.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Could easily be the lower level components being used to rebuild things. Chinese parts have virtually destroyed the alternator and starter builders, no reason why they would stop there now based on the world's problems as of now. I was replacing alternators on some cars at the rate of 4 a year on cars in '12 and the rate has only gotten worse, it's what 'lifetime warranty' brought to the table. It does NOT mean a lifetime quality part, rather that they will give Chinese junk to you over and over until you demand your original fix money back. Sound familiar?

The scam was why I quit parts. You no longer can get parts made to last, only ones to replace for free at very short intervals.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes it’s frustrating. I just shipped back the Aisin part for warranty, I will be buying oem if number 3 fails again the only thing besides the dealer price that scares me is the quality of the oem, probably same junk now a days…. Its crazy

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Actually that could be very true; we had clients like Ford dealers that would buy the lifetime parts then let the car owners think they were official Ford ones so as to get the extra OEM price markup.

Beware...........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts