The Nissan Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my 2005 altima. I have been getting vibrations at the steering wheel in idle. I have read a lot about it on here, and it seems one of the causes could be bad motor mounts. I am also planning on replacing the belt tensioner and belt later this week.

I shot this video, does it look like 1 of the 4 are bad?

At about the 12 second, i shift in reverse, not that much movement.

At about the 21 second, it's in drive and i accelerate with one foot on the brake and the other on the accelerator for the rest of the video till i put it into park.

Does it look like any mounts could be bad?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZorWBKxVbQ4

·
Registered
138 Posts
I've change the right and left (transmission) so far. After the right one, I noticed a huge improvement. And at a stop sign, I could still feel a tad in the steering wheel, and I forget where else right now. Some shaking here and there, especially if the A/C was on, but not as much as before. After the transmission one, I felt a little bit of improvement, not was much at the right mount, but a bit. I can still feel some shakiness at times, but nowhere near as bad as before. I'm hoping to tackle the front one soon, and not sure I wanna tackle the rear one. I may just pay some shop that works on nissans to do that one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts