The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
keep it simple
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just arrived in Toronto last night on a business trip and will be up here till Friday. Wondering if any CA rides are in the area? I made the trip up from Hotlanta where we left the hurricane behind and were greeted with sunshine and stripclubs :D Funny - I've only been to Toronto 2 times for business and I feel right at home each time I come.

·
that was dumb.
2,336 Posts
Toronto smells like garbage. Not putting down the city, but every time I've ever gone, it's always stunk.

I'd say jump on the fast ferry and come to Rochester, NY for a day, but they just supended services yesterday. HAHA. Saw that comin.

We went to this pretty cool place called Gabby's (bar and grill type place), hot girls... it's near a bookstore that closes real late.

·
keep it simple
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool, were staying up at the Marriot Courtyard off of Younge st. We walked down the road a ways to Zanzabars? (i think that was what it was called) one of the guys i work with made some friends last time he came up here. We plan on checking things out later this week... not much was going on last night.

·
<for hire>
2,769 Posts
I'm a stone's throw away from the city... Commute there quite a bit for business and school. It's pretty cool down there if you've never been. But it's nothing special for me anymore. Not too much I'm into, cept for a great headshop called 'The Friendly Stranger'. Catch a Jay's game if you want to see the SkyDome. It's pretty cool inside. Don't know their schedual though... and there are lots of cheap tickets...

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
pauliewog said:
Toronto smells like garbage. Not putting down the city, but every time I've ever gone, it's always stunk.

:bullshit:

but if you still believe it smells, easy fix. take your head out of the garbage dumpster that you call a hotel!

seriously man, I've been to cities in the US that smell far worse then the china town in Toronto does.

where exactly did you stay?

·
that was dumb.
2,336 Posts
I don't remember the street, I wanna say it was called "The Avenue".. it was a Howard Johnson, but real upscale. We went there cus we thought it'd be cheap. It was surrounded by nice resturaunts and stores. There was a bunch of fountains in the road too.

Edit: I just checked the address of the hotel, it's at 89 Avenue Road

·
keep it simple
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
one thing i really like about toronto is how laid back everyone seems to be. At 8am the streets are pretty empty for a city. Nothing like Atlanta where the traffic starts at 6am (retarded - worst traffic in the america i swear) And unlike most cities, you can walk around at like 4am and not have to worry about getting killed - at least compared to DC, Baltimore, and ATL... Anyways, i can see how the city can get boring fast - I don't care for ATL that much and I've only lived in GA for 7yrs. you can do all that is fun and interesting in ATL in 1 week - after that - if you aren't into going into crappy strip joints - there's not much left to do :/ I think we are checking out Queen St. tonight or mabye Peter and Richardson st (think that's the "entertainment district" ):dunno: we'll see

1 - 13 of 13 Posts