The Nissan Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2020 Nissan Altima voice recognition button isn't working. I don't get a beep after I press the button to say command. No acknowledgement from voice recognition system. Took to dealership and they thought it was a software update on my phone that caused problem. Removed phone from bluetooth in car and deleted myalta on phone and re-paired. Seemed to work once they did that but back to not working again and I haven't gotten any new software updates since they thought it was fixed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
2020 Nissan Altima voice recognition button isn't working. I don't get a beep after I press the button to say command. No acknowledgement from voice recognition system. Took to dealership and they thought it was a software update on my phone that caused problem. Removed phone from bluetooth in car and deleted myalta on phone and re-paired. Seemed to work once they did that but back to not working again and I haven't gotten any new software updates since they thought it was fixed.
This might be a stupid question, but when you are trying to activate voice control are you holding the button down for a bit before letting go, or are you just pressing it like every other button. Also, do you have Android Auto connected when you try it? Does the display in the instrument cluster show "Voice Assistant" or "Phone Voice Control" either?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I'm holding the button for a bit and the instrument cluster does show Phone Voice Recognition but no beep tone
and no words

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a Galaxy S10. No I'm not trying to use any of those. I just want to be able to access Navigation and Audio and Send text using the Voice Recognition

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a Galaxy S10. No I'm not trying to use any of those. I just want to be able to access Navigation and Audio and Send text using the Voice Recognition
Are you trying to use the car's voice control or your phone's? To use the car's, just click the button instead of pressing and holding.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't get the beep tone or voice acknowledgement either way. Click or press and hold.
There's probably something wrong then. Does the navigation screen bring up anything for voice controls? You may just have your voice control volume on 0, which would be funny but far from impossible.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I tried it again and noticed that after I pushed the button on the steering wheel the Amazon Alexa opened on my phone. So I deleted the Amazon Alexa app and now it's working. Don't know for how long but it's working now. Thanks for your help

1 - 11 of 11 Posts