The Nissan Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all- what exactly is the VPP program, and how would we be able to take advantage of it? It gets a price below dealer invoice, supposedly.

·
Moderate User
72 Posts
Nissan North America allows its employees to sponsor up to 5 family members or friends to take advantage of the VPP program in one calendar year. The price of the vehicle is set and no haggling is allowed. They take the dealer "net" which is the MSRP less (I think) 4.25 or 4.5%, less whatever dealer incentives are applicable to the vehicle being bought (there were none for the '02 Altima when I bought it), PLUS 2.8%. Something like that. I bought mine a couple of months ago & don't have the paperwork in front of me. What it really amounts to is roughly an out-the-door price that's the same as the MSRP (at least here in CA where the sales tax is about 7.5% depending on the county). Not a great deal but a little less than would've cost me if I haggled it on my own.

So if you know somebody who works for NNA, doesn't matter if they work for Infiniti or Nissan Divisions, then you ask them nicely if they wouldn't mind assisting you in buying a Nissan under the VPP program.

VPP is honored by the dealers @ their own discression, so I called all over the place & the only dealer that would sell me the Alty here in So Cal under the program was Performance Nissan in Duarte. At any dealership you're dealing w/ the fleet manager.

Good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hm.. supposedly i read on the insidenissan.com site that it gets a percentage LOWER Than dealer INVOICE? is this right? i didn't quite follow your math, but total should b e just a little at OR above dealer invoice?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I got mine 02 SE Automatic, Bose, Sunroof, ABS, Traction Control, Spoiler, Floor Mats, and Microfilter for $24725 before tax & license, at Cerritos Nissan here in SoCal. I was just so happened to stumble upon their website and right on their homepage was VPP Customers. From what the dealer told me, the VPP Price is dependent on the car that you're interested in. He never would tell me exactly the percentage I was getting off. All in all I got mine at $88 below invoice.

·
Moderate User
72 Posts
Okay, I pulled out the paperwork just to be accurate. Do you know somebody at NNA that can get you on the VPP? 'Cause otherwise you're just wasting my time.

You take the dealer invoice (sorry I said MSRP on previous post) and subtract all the dealer incentives that might be available for the car in question (again, none for the '02 Altima). Subtract 4.3% to come up w/ the dealer net. Add back 2.5% to come up w/ the VPP price. Add destination charge, and add tax & license.

There u have it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts