The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well haven't seen this guy for a yr, I finally let him see the alty...

I guess he expected more from me. I took him around and stuff. Now he thinks this Jetta 1.8T auto is probably quicker the 1st 30 40mph... I somewhat also think off the line even though underrated torque, it peaks too high for me to feel it pull harder. Once I was at about 50mph and drop it to 2nd(auto tiptronic on 05) and pull it to about 70mph, he says yea thats pretty quick from a roll...

Nevertheless, hes getting a Volvo V50(wagon)... 2.5T.... its rated at 218hp, but the meanass torque PEAKS at 1500rpm.... all 236lbs of it...

Now the jetta guy knows and we are willing to race for money......they THINK Nissan hypes up their cars too much and bit optimistic with their power...

hmmm?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have raced plenty 1.8t hatchback. I know what you mean about you don't feel it pull hard in first. Thats because your to busy peeling wheels. You will kill him through 12345, Trust me it is no match, he will never ever be in front at any time. Make sure you brake torque to about 1800rpms.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I also owned a volvo 850 turbo and couldn't even peel wheels. You will kill the 2.5t v50 wagon. Those cars suck off the line and can barely peel wheels, you will kill him off the line and beat him 12345.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I don't know what you have, but I'm assuming it's a 3.5. But if this dude in the auto Jetta challanges you, than he's on crack, especially if he's not chipped. Stock 1.8T's are a walk in the park for you 3.5 guys, but run a decently modded one, chipped, exhaust, CAI, and you'll be suprised what we can do.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^^ That's what Im saying, the stock specs arent much of a deal... well his 1.8T has close to 180torq like a 2.5altima, but it peaks before 2000rpm... so he might side with me off the line, then byebye i SHOULD win

I guess in a way im kinda dissaspointed, hes like dude, Terrys car(1.8t) FEELS faster the intial 2secs..... but you should win after...

cluntmaster:

is it really that neccessary to peel the wheels? I honestly feather the car and not let it SPIN soo much......

I dont know about that volvo... the torque is bit less than ours, but those f.uckers peak @1500rpm!!!! Maybe after we get rolling my HP can beat him... but hmmm.....

·
Registered
50 Posts
Well, upon further review of the 2.5 numbers, it I think it will come down to a drivers race. Yes, the 1.8T is geared for high torque at low RPM, but it is also geared for high horsepower at high RPM. That's what I like about this engine. Considering the 2.5 is 175hp and the 1.8T is 180hp, it will most likely be a drivers race, with slight advantage going to the 1.8t because of the quick burst off the line. I'm not being biased here, I'm going off straight numbers. If you have a 3.5, it'd be a different story.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have the 3.5 and he STILL thinks the 1.8t feels quicker till maybe 30 40mph.... he doesn't deny the fact it would lose after though... 173lbs of torque is not bad for such a low rpm I admit...

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
um... he has a 3.5 he said and if someone says that "Im faster to 40" bitch slap him cause noone races to 40 unless theyre in a bicycle.... 1.8T is easy for any 3.5 until hes modded then its a different story... avoid modded ones with chip and alot of mods cause they can be a beast.

o yea decently quick car and nice motor but..... CHICK CAR!!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Grimm_Reaper38 said:

o yea decently quick car and nice motor but..... CHICK CAR!!!

AHHHHH, I hate that! I hear that so much. Had a dude in a blacked out 2003 Monte Carlo call me out about driving a "chick car". Well after I roasted his ass in his V6 family hauler,(3 times from a dig, and 2 times from a roll, yeah it took a while to convince him), he took the comment back. Well, at least the chicks dig it, and they usually want to go for a ride. Glad I got the heated seats, it aids in the dry time after girlys get it all wet.

Oh and Anthunny, yes, since you have a 3.5, you'll take that lil smack talking, VW fanboy. It's tools like himself that cause all the trouble for us dubbers. "Faster to 40", what a gay comment.

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
i raced my boys 2k2 1.8T jetta 5spd with my 00 SE 5spd nuff times...each time, the result was pretty much the same...I was gone on the launch til third gear, and then he blew by me...all I got is a CAI...his engine was stock...he has stock michelins on there that dont have much traction, but i got new general tires which suck ass...either he sucks at launching his car, or his low end sucks...or my altima is great off the line...

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
sorry dude got alot of respect for em modded but every time I see one Im checkin the driver cause its mainly women out here driving them... dunno if its different out in NY but out here we see one we checkin her out cause its practically always a female driver.

Monte Carlo's dont count theyre slow... and yes faster to 40 is one of the funniest things Ive heard all week.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Grimm_Reaper38 said:
sorry dude got alot of respect for em modded but every time I see one Im checkin the driver cause its mainly women out here driving them... dunno if its different out in NY but out here we see one we checkin her out cause its practically always a female driver.

Monte Carlo's dont count theyre slow... and yes faster to 40 is one of the funniest things Ive heard all week.
Yeah lots of chicks driving them out here too. Though just the opposite, I'm usually looking at the car, plus my girls with me half the time anyways.
Yes, I know the Monte Carlo doesn't count, I wasn't using it an ego booster, it's just the guy driving it thought he was the "man" because he was driving such a "manly" car, total :azzhole: ! Yeah know the type, driving an American made car, with long tradition of Nascar ancestry :rolleyes: . I'd understand if it was the Supercharged SS, but it was the lowly V6.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
yea I hate people who think that since they got a AMERICAN car its got MUSCLE... and its fast cause its american.. I mean I got respect for fast muscle cars but its actually gotta BE fast and cant just be like having no balls and acting all hard and sh*t.

·
Registered
655 Posts
the supercharged SS isn't that fast either, i have a friend w/ one and she is def. a redneck woman.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts