The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way to get some food.

Surprisingly some old dude suddenly guns it down and is beside me at a light! He was checking my taillights and subtle difference on my 05 to his prior model. He looked like he was in a racing mood! I didn't brake torque, nor did he either, but we both got decent launches when it hit GREEN....

I had about half a car, 2nd about the same, once it switched to 3rd, he fell back about a car to almost 2, and I let off... He just turns to the on ramp and departs...

Now I don't know if it was my fake 10 extra HP, newer car, or cause of the 5speed auto.... but it was a good run regardless...

Is that gear suppose to help ME from 2nd to 3rd, OR 3rd to 4th? to the old 4speeds......

Someone mention to me the 2k5auto to the older autos, gets off the line A LOT quicker?? any reason......?

I remember 2 members owned both and had first hand experience....

·
My little champion...
4,966 Posts
I highly doubt the 10HP difference, but yeah the shorter gearing definitely helps to keep you in the powerband. Surprised you pull on him that much, but nevertheless a kill is a kill.

Good job!!!

PS. Don't forget, if you race a 2002-2004 SE, they'll come back and get you after 110MPH. Well if the race gets that far, and it may...

Your speed limiter OWNZ JOO...

·
3.5 DFWGuy
108 Posts
KeVQ35 said:
I highly doubt the 10HP difference, but yeah the shorter gearing definitely helps to keep you in the powerband. Surprised you pull on him that much, but nevertheless a kill is a kill.

Good job!!!

PS. Don't forget, if you race a 2002-2004 SE, they'll come back and get you after 110MPH. Well if the race gets that far, and it may...

Your speed limiter OWNZ JOO...
That limiter plain sucks on the 05 Alti SE blame it on the upcoming SER Alti. They had to slow the SE down so people will think the SER is so much faster!

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Honestly, it don't bother me that much

I floored it from like 50-105mph, I kind of got tired of waiting for it, lol... it's not slow, but I was testing to see if 115 would wind up that fast...

and since Ill be beating lil ricers, I won't exceed speeds of 100 95% of the time... 1/4 is the way for me

I seriously rather trade this top speed limiter for the advantages I have now..

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
the 05 is limited at 110????? switching into d3 doesnt help break that?

·
Registered
690 Posts
I like the new acceleration, but sorry man, 115 does suck.. Im perfectly happy with my 130 top speed.. And the biggest gear difference is your 3rd gear, though there is a difference in all of the gears, 3rd is the most evident.. My 3rd gear bites...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts