The Nissan Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Start The Show - Jet
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, All!

I'm looking at cleaning up the engine bay and possibly installing an aftermarket oil cooler, but I ran across an interesting thread on the 350z/G35 forums on the process to delete the oil warming system that brings the oil temps up quicker and reduces cold-start emissions...

First, does our platform even have the same oil warming system? I would assume so, but I'm not 100% on the oiling system.

Second, if we have one, has anyone out there successfully removed the system? What did it do to your oil temps?

Third, has anyone successfully installed an aftermarket oil cooler system from Stillen or the fleabay variants? Where/how did you mount the cooler? Need details, please.

Can anyone with experience chime in on this?

Thanks in advance!

Ben

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
Pretty sure my Gen4 has one, it sandwiches between the oil filter and the engine and is fed by some small coolant hoses near the bottom of the rad....will need to look more closely!

Most aftermarket coolers have T-straps that feed through existing fins of your rad/ac condensor to hold the new one in place. Most oil coolers I have seen go low down on the existing rad stack--presumably that's just the easiest place.

·
Start The Show - Jet
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pretty sure my Gen4 has one, it sandwiches between the oil filter and the engine and is fed by some small coolant hoses near the bottom of the rad....will need to look more closely!

Most aftermarket coolers have T-straps that feed through existing fins of your rad/ac condensor to hold the new one in place. Most oil coolers I have seen go low down on the existing rad stack--presumably that's just the easiest place.
Thanks, Doug. What tout describing is the warmer I'm referring to. The coolant warms up the oil as it passes through the oil filter.

Your info on placement echoes the thread\video from MrJasonLyrics, but I am also curious what others have done.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts