The Nissan Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

My 2002 3.5L (189k miles) decided that it was time to throw a code the other day. Symptoms are that I can start the car but seconds after starting the car stalls. Only pending code is a P1800. So, I have conducted the following:

Tested for power at the VIAS solenoid with the key to "on", we are good at ~12.4v.
Tested solenoid itself by applying 12v to the leads, solenoid opened and closed

Not sure if its the solenoid, tank, or the actuator with the issue. Anyone have any suggestions for further testing? What has me stumped is that it stalls. In reading other posts I see that usually the VIAS will cause a degraded performance issue, not a stall situation.

Local junkyard has an entire upper intake, VIAS components included, for $100 but before I spend the money I want to make sure this is actually my problem.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone have any ideas? At this point I'm not sure what else to test. Had someone start the car and I attempted to work the valve body a bit but the car just dies shortly after its started. It doesn't run long enough for me to really try anything and pressing the gas has no effect on keeping the car running. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts