The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if you take the two and put them together will it work out? Id like to try this because the HR heads have the (NDI) Nissan Direct Inject. which injects the fuel right into the combustion chamber, allowing a computer to precisely meter the correct amount to use, rather than into the intake tract. this would improve mpg while also getting better power. anyone heard or thought of doing it??

on a sidenote, has anyone tired to drop a full HR motor in our cars? I know that the HR motors are only in RWD. but you gotta think nissan didnt change the bottle pattern from the DE to HR did they?

·
Still #1 in 2017
2,389 Posts
No. The HR did not have DI. Yes, the head will bolt-on but you will have to use the 4th gen intake manifold.

·
2010 2.5s Sedan
2,559 Posts
on a sidenote, has anyone tired to drop a full HR motor in our cars? I know that the HR motors are only in RWD. but you gotta think nissan didnt change the bottle pattern from the DE to HR did they?
i believe : the HR won't fit , the mounting holes/points are different from RWD to FWD . you would probably have to change the intake manifold on the HR , one of the throttle bodies might be right up against the firewall , just thinking :dunno:

·
2 low 4 fat hoes!!!
4,063 Posts
fwd and rwd blocks have different mounting point. yes the hr has it on both sides. you would need a cap to use to fill one hole near the cams. this is how the z guys put revup motors in there de chassis. they dont gain anything from this swap.

this thread is teh fail!

·
Still #1 in 2017
2,389 Posts
doesn't the DE motors only have variable timing on the intake cam and the HR motors have variable timing on both cams :dunno: , if so he'll probably need the ECU and harness .
Yup. But that's an easy fix as TUKO mentions below.
fwd and rwd blocks have different mounting point. yes the hr has it on both sides. you would need a cap to use to fill one hole near the cams. this is how the z guys put revup motors in there de chassis. they dont gain anything from this swap.

this thread is teh fail!
It's only a FAIL because he wont do it. Now the HR head swap would actually be pretty cocol with the bigger intake/exhaust ports, more aggressive cams. It would definitely pep up the 'DE.

·
2 low 4 fat hoes!!!
4,063 Posts
it wouldnt make much power. def a slight bump but nothing drastic. unless i got the hr heads for free or next to free i wouldnt bother.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yup. But that's an easy fix as TUKO mentions below.

It's only a FAIL because he wont do it. Now the HR head swap would actually be pretty cocol with the bigger intake/exhaust ports, more aggressive cams. It would definitely pep up the 'DE.

well down the road when i get another car, hopefully ill be able to keep this one and build the whole car...which i would want to put a HR motor in the car. lol

·
Still #1 in 2017
2,389 Posts
it wouldnt make much power. def a slight bump but nothing drastic. unless i got the hr heads for free or next to free i wouldnt bother.
Every little bit helps.

·
2 low 4 fat hoes!!!
4,063 Posts
well down the road when i get another car, hopefully ill be able to keep this one and build the whole car...which i would want to put a HR motor in the car. lol
why? why not just build the motor thats in the car? the hr motor benefits from the cvtc on both intake and exhaust. when swapped into your car you have to eliminate it on one side. you get a slight increase from the cams but with that money spent you can pick up a set of brian crower cams for 850 and have more power.

you have a lot to learn.

·
2010 2.5s Sedan
2,559 Posts
why? why not just build the motor thats in the car? the hr motor benefits from the cvtc on both intake and exhaust. when swapped into your car you have to eliminate it on one side. you get a slight increase from the cams but with that money spent you can pick up a set of brian crower cams for 850 and have more power.

you have a lot to learn.
^^^ i agree .

unless the OP can get free parts and owns a shop to do the work in , it a waste of time and money . there are better ways to make power with the same money he would be spending to make this work .

·
2 low 4 fat hoes!!!
4,063 Posts
i predict a gain of less than 10hp (thats being very generous). if the OP wants to learn the hard way than thats cool. just dont be ashamed to post up results. and the price of everything so i can laugh.

·
Still #1 in 2017
2,389 Posts
10HP switching to the HR heads? HR flows more air. Cams are more aggressive compared to the DE. With a good tune I see the possibility for 25-30 or even more WHP! How do you think the 4th gen DE does so well up-top? Even w/o the ability to utilize the timing control for the exhaust side shouldn't really matter. The bump in flow should be more then enough. But then again this will also depend on what other supporting modifications the OP has. He will also be able to use the 4th gen manifold which from what I gather is the BEST flowing FWD manifold. Heck, maybe even experiment with the SSIM mod on the 4th gen.

·
2 low 4 fat hoes!!!
4,063 Posts
whats the cfm rating on the hr heads? the cams arent that aggressive. they are similar to jwt. which we all know are so so. with all other bolt on that adds 12whp the most. a regular port and polish job would add 20whp with tune and supporting mods. the de heads flow well from the factory so there isnt much of an improvement. i strongly think the hr heads would not provide gains any where near 30whp.

stock DE heads flow 310cfm. HR's arent going to flow much more than that.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts