The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Bosnian
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ahhhhhh yes, my friends '95 vr6 Passat. His pride and joy. A Masterpiece of German engineering and craft. With the famous vr6 engine which is vastly superior to anything Japanese. A durable high quality car which, unlike Japanese garbage, will last him over 300,000 miles. A remarkable piece of machinery indeed. Not to mention that after adding an intake and cat-back exhaust it is a all powerful racing machine with insane amount of horsepower which will not only put my, but any miserable pathetic little Japanese 4 cyl. to shame.

Obviously I beg to differ to the above stated comments; however as I am sitting on this empty industrial road gripping the shift knob of my Integra with my sweaty hand, thoughts of self doubt start to creep in. Am I really able to beat him? I know I can't loose, it's not going to happen; not because of money, we are not racing for money, but because of the fact that for the next month I will be exposed to relentless humiliation by the person who is revving his engine next to me. The flag person who is standing between our automobiles raises his hands and the stage is set for a showdown of historical proportions.

I am holding my revs steady at 4000 rpms. My eyes are fixed at the flager, thousands of thoughts are going through my mind. “Don’t burn you tires, don’t bog out, don’t miss a gea…BAMMM!!! The hands dropped. All thoughts disappeared and my head is suddenly empty. My tires are chirping like two sparrows on an early spring morning. The tachometer jumps to 6000rpms and the chirping sound is replaced by the screaming of the intake. My left arm and hand are in a cramp like state as they are trying to prevent the steering wheel from moving. I slam second gear with all my might and the tires start singing again. As my eyes quickly glance to the left I realize that the Passat is nowhere to be seen. I feel a sense of relieve (since I am ahead) but also relaxation since the launch and 1-2 shift were successfully completed. However my adrenaline seemed to increase proportionally with the rpms. I quickly became extremely tense again since I did not want to miss the shift to third. When I hit redline second gear said goodbye with a drop in rpms and the third gear introduced itself with a little chirp of the tires. Now I can hear the vr6 screaming but a glance to the left reveals emptiness, a glance in the rearview reveals the same. A final look to the side mirror makes me realize he is at my quarterpannel. I knew I’m ahead due to my shifting skills, especially since my Honda transmission with the aftermarket shortshifter provides far faster shifts then the row-your-boat VW 5spd. But now nothing is going to help me. I am helpless as I watch in disgust the Passat pull up next to me and start to pass me. Shifting to 4th made no difference. We flew through the quarter mile with him half a car ahead. I lost, if only by little, I still lost.

By the next day everybody and their grandmother knew about my loss. :rolleyes:

At least I can comfort myself knowing that he spent more money on repairs in the three months of owning his car then I have in the two years of owning mine.

·
How bout them Dawgs
2,207 Posts
you can always be a writer
FRILL. Good death but the story made up for it. I like grimm's idea.

·
Bosnian
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, unfortunately my last English teacher had a different opinion about my writing skills.:sad:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah Mersad that dude is talkin alot of shit. Dont you wish you had turbo kit from my integra....Oh well its' time now for talon to shut his ass up for good, that is if my tranny holds up. :) Anyway like they mentioned above that was a good write up, I almost cried :( .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts