The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was a little upset with the car lately, didn't feel like the money spent on the new motor and turbo was worth it, bc i felt that my friend spent 1/2 the money i did and i thought his GSR was faster than my car. i made a pact that if he beat me in a race, i was going to sell my car and get a GSR since i've wanted one for a long time now.

the GSR has intake, header, exhaust, type-r cams, type-r pistons, skunk2 manifold and skunk2 chipped ECU.

i beat him twice. first time from a roll in 2nd to 80mph. i had him the whole way on that one.

2nd time we went from a stop at a light. i took him off the line, he pulled on me in 2nd and once i went to 3rd i left him about 3 cars behind.

this was with me boosting at 11.6psi. when i get my new wastegate next week and only push 5.8 for a while, i dunno if i'd still beat him, but those 2 runs did make me feel a little better about the car :)

·
fLiPrYdE
1,956 Posts
yea those gsr engines na are mighty fast, my friend has one..in his civic...boy does that thing haul ass... dont be 2 disappointed erynn, when all the gremlins are out of ur car, gaurantee youll feel 2x as happier with the time and money you spent in it...good luck with it all and nice race

·
5spding soon...
1,377 Posts
why you so down?
he's driving a car probably atleast 100,000 other kids have built
you're one of like 20 or so
see what i'm saying

·
Switched to a Maxima
200 Posts
^^ true be happy.. i'm sure your car is alot more comfortable than the GSR. Also, nice kill. I raced my boyz Civic with a GSR engine in it and i won too. Same thing happen to me he had a nice take off but once i started getting up in gears i caught up and flew by him. BTW nice alty black is hard to keep nice and clean. Especally in NYC.

·
Rockin the Kasbah
4,106 Posts
I'm about 100 dollars worth of curved metal from doing the same
mudda trucka if my engine bearings didn't wipe out on it's only run with turbo

rock on erynn, someday you should come down to the pocono's and show me the ride....we can compare our polished IC's or something..lol

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
nice races

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
FreshAltima said:
That GSR must be quick!! Your car should be in the low 14's... Stay different. theres lots of cars out there with massive potential that nobody acknowledges. Don't cave to the HOMO popularity contest.
the gsr ran 14.5 at the track last time he went..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts