Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
where on top? like through the metal?

i'm gonna try... what time? i'd love to see the 2002

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Carnegee79: did u find out if the filter is cleanable/rechargable? Some can't be and I guess you throw them out when they get dirty.
altimuh: My roommate won an auction for an Akimoto intake but the seller's a dick. When my roommate emailed him cuz he hadn't received it yet, the seller said he didn't pay. Then in another email asked which auction it was and for what part. My friend paid the next day after the auction.
The guy lives in LA and says he works at the factory in San Diego. He claims to take them from the factory line before they're stamped w/Akimoto logo (I couldn't find any logo on the pipe or intake he sent). Also, Akimoto ships with a yellow vacuum hose but the hose we got was blue.
I don't know about the seller...sorry about that.
Jay

·
Banned
2,382 Posts
im not worried at all about the filter, i can get that at the corner ice creamery, i just need that damn adapter.

i dunno, im giving up. im going to **** depot right now and buying S.H.I.T for a CAI

·
Girl-Moderator
1,395 Posts
I sent an email to a place that sells the adapters. I'll get
back with you.

Carnegee79 said:
im not worried at all about the filter, i can get that at the corner ice creamery, i just need that damn adapter.

i dunno, im giving up. im going to **** depot right now and buying S.H.I.T for a CAI

·
Nissan-Suzuki-Infiniti
383 Posts
This is how my Tenzo adapter and cone filter is installed on my 1996 GXE with the air temp sensor:

·
hard on equipment
862 Posts
I relocated the sensor my own "custom" (read: ghetto) way. I removed the rubber fitting from the filter, and cut a slit in the filter side of it. I ran the wires through this slit, then put the rubber fitting back on the filter, so the sensor was wedged inside. Stuck the thing onto the MAF, built a little bracket for it so it didn't bounce around, and I've not had the engine light come on since.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts