The Nissan Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, so, I use to do my routine maintenance on my vehicles religiously every 3-4K miles (oil, oil filter change). However, due to my work schedule and busy home schedule, I have gotten away from that. Last change I had was at 23K with a scheduled change @ 27.5K. Last change was performed by Jiffy Lube. Now, through my own fault I paid for the full synthetic change, and realistically who knows if they did in fact use it or not. Either way, back to main reason for post. I've obviously waited too long for next change since my vehicle is at 50.2K miles and I've just got done performing an oil, oil filter and air filter change. Now, as soon as I remover my oil cap, it was all sludgy of oil, and upon emptying out oil pan and removing filter, it was extremely dark and rather thick. I drive roughly 65 miles a day, 90% of it highway. My car hasn't been driven in about 2-3 weeks. Should I be extremely worried about engine sludge, and can I do anything like additives to aide resolving this issue. This is the first time I've let it go this far without maintenance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you didn't already get your answer, or if you did, when this happens, you should do at least 3 oil changes over the next 3 thousand miles. Use synthetic and add in something to the oil.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
Google SeaFoam...

·
Registered
135 Posts
Google "how to trade my car in for a newer one" .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts