The Nissan Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
wanna hear some bs? need help on law

got pulled over tonight, cop said my clear sidemarkers, which has blue lights in it, is illegal. didnt give me a ticket just a warning. but does anyone know, if in connecticut, that it is illegal to have colored sidemarkers? i mean it is the least noticable light the on-coming cars can possibly see or a distraction at all to faggots behind me. anyway if someone can give me the rule on this, it would be of help. thanks.

Don't curse in the topic.

·
Banned
2 Posts
I am pretty sure that in all states, red and blue are illegal except on emergency vehicles. Be happy you got just a warning and not a ticket

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Yeah they are. Just put in clear bulbs. Thats what I did. Its not obvious and still looks cool. You can say its stock cause technically our stocks have clear bulbs( but glow orange).

·
Traded in Alti!!!
406 Posts
I have blue in my clears too! No probs yet, and the cops are really gay around here!

·
DJ QUIK
1,001 Posts
NISSANFREAK said:
Technically you dont need sidemarkers. You can shave them. Anyways like I said I had my clears on for a year and no probs. They look stock.
you can shave them if you have orange on the corner of your headlamps or somewhere else on the front-sides.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Thats what I am saying. Shave or make them have a clear light bulb. Cops are gay, honestly though blue is noticable while driving. Clear isnt as noticable. Especially for small sidemarkers.

·
The Highest Grade
1,172 Posts
i have been pulled over millions of times, no one mentioned anything about the clear sidemarkers with the hyper white bulbs. i live in miami with the dickiest cops, but i do believe if the light projected by the bulb is BLUE not hyper white then yes you can get a ticket.... happened to my brother.

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
18,041 Posts
best way... go and find your state legislature online and look for state statutes..

they should list it there.. In FL its Amber for turn signals on the front and side (am not certain on clear but I had posted it before) and rear is red or amber.. that's it.

·
good one Fonzie
11,588 Posts
the best way not to draw attention to your self is like this:

if you clear anythiung out on your car, use the correct color lights. hiperwhites are fine in a light that used to be white, if it was orange or red, keep it red. if you add indicator lights in the fender, make the bulb orange. stock colored bulbs are the best wy and the least noticable

·
Banned
6,970 Posts
Gary, saved you some time

You must have amber or red turn signals for rear
Amber or orange front turning signals
You must have red reflectors (at least 2x2-in FACTORY-OEM LOCATION)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts