The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help I want to know if I can put xenon headlights on my 2000 without it burning my circuit board. The last time I put those lights on my car it burned the whole circuit board and I had to get it replaced luckaly the car was still under warranty, so I got it replaced but I want to put them on again but I dont wanna have to deal with another burned circuit board and this time its not under warranty.:angry4: :angry4:

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
you installed them wrong, get a shop to install it for you
P.S. cars don't have circuit boards they have ECU (Electronic Control Unit)

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
Any bran should be fine, the reason you ECU was fried is either defective kit or wrong installation.
P.S. get 8000K the best blue look

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i havent seen any altimas with xenon lights around my area so i am really trying to be cautios about what im gonna put in because i dont want to have to pay for another ECU on my car.

·
Evil Member
1,906 Posts
9007 is the light size, you can search for altima xenon or 9007 xenon on ebay and you'll get a long list and diff. brands. I'd say Plasmaglow, those are the ones i have. IF you had to worry about anything frying this time it'd be the light harnesses. I had to change both mine b/c the guage wire couldn't handle the heat, but it's nothing upgradeing that. You can find harnesses just about anywhere, or you can rewire them yourself. It's not hard to do, and honestly, i don't understand how you can **** up installing a headlight, they only fit in one way last time i checked:rolleyes:

·
Banned
503 Posts
As a tip since all headlights are different i would suggest you go to pep boys and go to the apc section and buy a new set of pig tails (9007 socket) and that will prevent the pig tail from melting from the high heat from the bulb. if any thing i reccomend that for ya

1 - 11 of 11 Posts