The Nissan Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if installing a filter kit or removing the Air Scoop from the front grill and/or resonators and installing a K&N filter will in any way void the factory warranty on a 2002 Altima? If there is any future problems with the motor or intake can the service guys blame you for doing any of this to your car? Any responses would be appreciated?

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I guess it depends on your dealer. Courtesy Nissan here in Dallas really supports modifications and even sells some altimas from their showroom with K&N filters, new exhaust, different wheels, etc. So does Mossy in Oceanside, Calif. I know they wouldn't have a problem with it.

If you take your car in for an oil change, they aren't doing warranty work, so they aren't going to say anything.

But if your car doesn't start and you have to have it towed to the dealership for warranty work, I would put everything back to stock before they take the car and blame the modifications for being the reason that there is a problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.