The Nissan Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am experiencing a sound at low speeds (almost at a stop) where it sounds like the brake pad is grabbing the rotar and then releasing.. almost a vibration sound but with a lower frequency. I also have a vibration in the front when braking hard at speeds over 70. Off the top of my head this seems to be a warped rotar. I only have 3600 miles on the car so I'm wondering if they just need to 'break in' a bit. It did not do this from 0-3500 mile mark because I would have noticed.

·
My little champion...
4,966 Posts
NBTX05Altima said:
I am experiencing a sound at low speeds (almost at a stop) where it sounds like the brake pad is grabbing the rotar and then releasing.. almost a vibration sound but with a lower frequency. I also have a vibration in the front when braking hard at speeds over 70. Off the top of my head this seems to be a warped rotar. I only have 3600 miles on the car so I'm wondering if they just need to 'break in' a bit. It did not do this from 0-3500 mile mark because I would have noticed.
Hey just take it to the dealer and DEMAND new rotors. Don't let them resurface it--the problem will rear its ugly head again REAL soon.

I had problems with my rotors at around 8500-9000 miles and they wanted to resurface them. Something is wrong with the rotors that Nissan chose to use. Thats why when it was time for NEW ones I went with aftermarket (Powerslot). Nissan's rotors on the Altima are a joke, don't know about other cars in their lineup.

·
Unregistered User
676 Posts
Mine were warped at 7k miles, dealer replaced them under warranty. (They were on backorder so I had to wait three weeks.)

·
My little champion...
4,966 Posts
RobMac said:
Mine were warped at 7k miles, dealer replaced them under warranty. (They were on backorder so I had to wait three weeks.)
Man that would suck. They told me that they would warranty the work until 12000 miles, but like I said they wanted to resurface them. Man I am loving these Powerslots :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts