The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so ofcourse u wash first but is it wax then polish or polish then wax? sorry i was gettin confused im thinkin polish right to remove the crap then wax. what do u guys use as in brands of cleaners? thanks

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
meguires pro stuff, not the ones you get on the shelf at the auto store. and like donnie said...wash car with dish washing soap, run clay bar, polish, then wax. makes the car super duper smooth and nice and shiny.
Jay

·
Young and Stupid
368 Posts
Dishwashing Soap?

I thought washing with Dishwashing soap was bad for the paint?

·
VTEC wont save you....
2,179 Posts
No it aint.It just strips off the wax from the paint.It is good to use when you are going to wash and wax car.

But dont use it for an everyday wash detergent.

·
a.k.a. Big Daddy
108 Posts
Well.......wash.....dry.....polish.....wax. I just went into business with a few of my buddies and we opened a detailing shop. If you ever get up to the Allentown PA area let me know.

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
15,220 Posts
ThurzNite said:
meguires pro stuff, not the ones you get on the shelf at the auto store. and like donnie said...wash car with dish washing soap, run clay bar, polish, then wax. makes the car super duper smooth and nice and shiny.
Jay
you can also throw in the Scratch remover between clay bar and Polish.

The polish is what gives you that gloss. The clay bar is what removes all those bumps from tree sap. The strach remover gets rid of any fine swirls and scratches, and the wax is what protects everything.

Of course that's the super duper car wash plan...

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
victor said:

you can also throw in the Scratch remover between clay bar and Polish.

The polish is what gives you that gloss. The clay bar is what removes all those bumps from tree sap. The strach remover gets rid of any fine swirls and scratches, and the wax is what protects everything.

Of course that's the super duper car wash plan...
That's what I did to the Altima 2 weeks after I bought it...wash, clay, swirl remover, polish, wax...took a whole day to finish but looks awesome.
Make sure the car stays in the shade the whole time...don't want the body panels to heat up.
Jay

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
15,220 Posts
ThurzNite said:

That's what I did to the Altima 2 weeks after I bought it...wash, clay, swirl remover, polish, wax...took a whole day to finish but looks awesome.
Make sure the car stays in the shade the whole time...don't want the body panels to heat up.
Jay
I've been planning to do the whole git-up. Which products you use?

I'm planning on using a combo of the Medallion and the MEguiar's Show car #7 or something like that for the polish.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
victor said:

I've been planning to do the whole git-up. Which products you use?

I'm planning on using a combo of the Medallion and the MEguiar's Show car #7 or something like that for the polish.
I bought a sander/polisher last week and did everything. Wash, pre-wax, swirl mark remover, polish, wax. The car is sooooo shiny now. I haven't washed it in a week, and it's been raining for 3 days now and the car still isn't dirty because the water beads right off of it. It's pretty amazing, usually I only wax it. The paint is so smooth and soft feeling. I've gotten alot of compliments, an my neibhors jealous now cause his newer car isn't a shiny as mine:D

I used dishwashing soap to clean it, then mothers pre-wax cleaner, meguairs swirl mark remover, then nu finish polish and nu finish wax. Nu finish is the shit! Best wax I've used so far, it better than mothers, turtle wax, and meguiars.

·
Registered
243 Posts
i have always used regular car wash soap and have always heard that the dish washing soap dulls the paint, thank you all for this info...I also always use the Meguires with the cleaned, scratch remover, polish and carnuba wax, is there another step form there that would help after those steps?
thanks again

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
vindeisel said:
i have always used regular car wash soap and have always heard that the dish washing soap dulls the paint, thank you all for this info...I also always use the Meguires with the cleaned, scratch remover, polish and carnuba wax, is there another step form there that would help after those steps?
thanks again
it does dull the paint if you wash your car with it all the time, only do it before you wax. Or else your paint over time will become dull and oxidized

·
Registered
39 Posts
The body shop I last worked in, we used dish soap all the time, because when a car gets painted, u don't want wax in it, well the silicone anyway, for 90 days after painting your car u shouldn't wax it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts