The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't help but post this. For the last 6 weeks my car ( 1991 Mustang 5.0 ) has been running like shit. Turned out that two of my plug wires boots were so worn that the spark was grounding itself on the block sporatically. You wouldn't believe how terribly my car ran, i got wasted by a 4 banger toyota SR22.

Bought some 9mm pure silicon FRPP wires (red) and the car has been running like a champ.

(on to the kill)

Every day when I'm coming to work (if I'm on time), this asshole in this corolla keepts trying to fuck with my car, don't ask me why I don't know. Well, I get to the top of this hill (going down is nice long and straight, no cops, no lights, no houses). I stall my converter to about 2000 (at this point my car is torqued, and I look at him with a big smile). The stupid fuck revs his car. I launch forward at half throttle (WOT from a stop will just smoke my tires through all 4 gears). A second later I WOT the horse, the torque converter happily spools past 2800rpm and is fully engaged. The car climbs to 5650, 1-2 shift hits at full power (mind that my AOD is drag prepped with new steels, custom valvebody, 8 clutches, the whole works), I leave about 6 feet of rubber, the torque converter shoots up back to 2800rpm (gotta love this slippery 10" continental), and I climb up to 5200rpm, shift 2-3 hits (a nice squeel)... I'm going pretty fast now, I decide to look in the rear view mirror, I was far enough away I couldn't see his face.

You might be thinking, thats pretty pathetic, you have a mustang and you raced a corolla. Well, ask yourself this, if you had a mustang, and it sounded nice, it was pretty fast, and you liked it, and some asshole in a corolla reved at you, what would you do?

C-YA!

·
Be very afraid...
5,464 Posts
Probably just laugh at him and save the wear and tear on my car. Then again, you did say that he's been fucking with you a lot so maybe this will make him quit, but still...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I laughed my ass off when the light turned green... it was pretty horrible, i'm sure the people behind us busted up pretty good too..

·
Work faster!
209 Posts
I can top all of that!
- My buddie also has a stock 97 corolla and he messes with anything -even with 4 passengers! (ie. Firebird, Mustang Cobra, Eclipse turbo, etc) Of course, u know how they all turn out...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts