The Nissan Club banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Byshop:

Glad to hear you fixed your problem. I recently found out that I have a leak on my right side of the trunk from all that rain in NYC (only in heavy downpour). I hope I can fix my prob just like you did. My only prob is, my car is totally stock so I have no real culprits right now other than sealants around the back window, lights, etc....sigh....

Byshop said:
Yup, thanks everyone. It was the tail light.

FYI, I ran water over the top edge of the taillight. Initially, pouring slowly didn't spring a leak, but after gradually increasing rate and amount of water I poured, the leak was easily found.

I used some silicone to seal it up. Picked it up at R&S Strauss. If you plan to fix a leak, pick up two bottles. One wasn't enough. Anyways, I ensure the seal was tight, I poured water over it again.

Now, I can work on cleaning the trunk up. It's pretty nasty.
Again, thanks everyone to your assistance.

Ernie

·
Registered
2 Posts
check the sealant around your tail lights... i could be leaking from there ( i had a leak before and thats where it was coming from). remove that cover so you can see the backside of your tail light. if you see water on there it's probably leaking from there. hope it's nothing serious....
You've been so helpful! I was going to just replace the entire seal around the trunk, and now hopefully it's just a ceiling around the headlights I mean tail lights. You're awesome

21 - 23 of 23 Posts