The Nissan Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I'm The Orange Member
2,085 Posts
i do now, orlando just installed them for me and i like them more thn when i had ground controls, mad tucking effect.

·
Registered
350 Posts
se inew they couldnt be that bad. jus about half the people on this site where sayin there shit and not worth it.

·
Just another ricer
2,177 Posts
Hey Shcok you took your GC's out? What's the ride like with the Weapon R's? And how is the adjustibility, I know with GC's, it's one wrench, what's the deal with the Weapon R's?

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
yeah, i'm still confused why you would even think of swapping out GCs for WeaponR. Aren't WeaponR's only for people who can't afford the GCs?

·
I'm The Orange Member
2,085 Posts
i like the weaponr'sss beter tan groundontrols, sofar is less bouncy than gc's.also is duel lock perchand it comes wth 2 wrenches,no gay allen key that striped from gc's and its actually lower than gc's rght now they are all theway up an they look lik my gc's al te wa down. im about to sell te beat up gc's for 50 bucks

·
Banned
865 Posts
when you get coilovers I know everyone get kyb shocks too, but which ones should I get put in and is it cheaper to order through the net? That's really cool that work well, I'm hoping they won't break easier in the long run, cause that piece that holds the 2 springs together looks kinda cheap. I guess I'm still debating over gc's or weapon r's, the regular price is nearly the same, but one is a trusted brand with really good springs, and the other is like mystery meat in a can.

·
M3MB3R @ LA®G3
431 Posts
Weapon R Circuit Pro C/O's

I had those installed in my 1st gen Altima, they dropped pretty good, and were pretty comfortable ride at that, the reason I had gotten them was because I wanted to be different, and they were a bargain, none the less, I did have them for a small period of time, but they were great performers.

Rza

·
Banned
865 Posts
I just talked to a shop a few minutes ago and the guy said he's installed both into cars that go to the shop and the ground controls he hasn't had much problems other than any other coilovers like dirt and corrosion at wrenching points. But the weapon r's he had some people come back and complain saying there's clanking noises after having them on for a while and there seems to be a lot of rusting. He knew that I wasn't going to buy them from his store that I would buy them from the net and have him install them, so the price wouldn't have really effected what he said.

·
Rollin'
1,388 Posts
if u just want to lower your ride and u don't have a need to adjust the height at all is there any point in getting coilovers?? Is there any aspect better about c/o over springs besides adjusting the ride height??

·
Just another ricer
2,177 Posts
pimpg303 said:
if u just want to lower your ride and u don't have a need to adjust the height at all is there any point in getting coilovers?? Is there any aspect better about c/o over springs besides adjusting the ride height??
The way I see it, for us northeasternsers, we kinda almost have to go with coilovers if we want a crazy drop and a daily driver. You livin in Cali, can drop it all year 'round and have no problems. If we have a daily driver (like mine) and need to raise it for the winter, it's a hell of alot easier to do that than swap out springs....but that's my opinion. I will definetly get a set in the upcoming year.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
About the rust and corrosion. There is a product they make that I saw on speedvison. You spray it on anything and it repels water. My theory you have to wd-40 your car every couple months to prevent rust in certain spots and to keep your car from making noises. But I am looking into that water repellant product. Damn I cant believe I dont know the name. I think its called charlies or something. Anyone know what I am talking about?

·
Just another ricer
2,177 Posts
pimpg303 said:
Cool, i think i'll just go with the springs then:)
Just remeber, you can also customize your coilovers like Orlando did to his and get an extra 1/2 inch of drop. Plus, it sounds like the Weapon R's drop a bit more according to shock. The most you'll get from springs is a 2 inch drop unless you cut coils and I would not suggest that. :eek:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts