The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Space Boy
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone out there that has Weapon-R coil overs? An if so how are they work out? Are they doing there job and is the ride nice? I'm looking to get a set I just what to know if it is worth it.
If anyone heard anything bad about them drop me a line.:cool:

·
Registered
350 Posts
i havnt heard nothin bad about them and i kno kids with them on there civics and they have no complaints. i think most coilovers r ganna ride alike. weapon-r got a bad name i think because of the intakes. half the people that say they suck have never evan had there products but each person has there own opinion. im actually lookin at gettin those or areo speed jus to get somthin other than ground controls which every alty and ther mother has. my friend that owns a shop said that all the coilovers r basically the same.

·
Banned
865 Posts
before we really start arguing why don't we try figure out how much of a price difference there is between these two. What is the price of the ground control, I found it on groupbuycenter for $375 and someone on this site said weapon-r's are $250. I couldn't even find the weapon-r's on nopionline like they said but I did find the weapon-r's on eautoworks.com for $363.50 and all I found on nopionline was ground controls which they sold for $379.63. Unless someone can show me a real price difference here it would just be based on product loyalty and the word is that ground controls are better, if it's true then why wouldn't I spend $15 more on a name you can trust.

·
founding father
3,241 Posts
there is a reason that everyone has the ground controls...their springs are made by eibach. one of the oldest and most relied upon spring makers in the world. no one can argue that eibach makes extremely good products. so then who makes weapon-r's springs? anyone....anyone??? bueller? they don't advertise it because they are made by some generic crap company. if they were made well by a well known spring company like eibach they would advertise it like ground control does. and isn't the spring the main part of a threaded sleeve system? one of my friends is a south east rep for them and the head people at weapon-r have admitted to their coilovers being crap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts