The Nissan Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It only occurs when the clutch pedal is ALL THE WAY DOWN, as far as it can go. The minute u let up on it a bit, the noise goes away. It sounds a little like a squeaky altenator belt + some windy/wisteling noise at the same time. (i just used the alternator belt as an explaination, i know its not that). Anyway, does anyone know why its doin that/what it could be? Everytime I shift, once the clutch is all the way down, it makes the noise. Weird.

·
dismember
11,347 Posts
don't need to put the clutch all the way down to shift.

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
even in neutral if i step on the clutch, it makes the noise. as long as the clutch is down, the noise is noising. :(

·
dismember
11,347 Posts
throw out bearing?

·
missing El Polo Loco...
2,165 Posts
well, mine is doing just the opposite now, without any pressure applied to the clutch, I can hear whirring noise, but once I press the clutch, the noise is gone. I think my T/O bearing fork is out of adjustment as of now that it lets the T/O bearing come in contact with the clutch springs without any pressure applied.
So in your case, it'd seems to be a bad T/O bearing. That's my assumption for now.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
ASHURA said:
well, mine is doing just the opposite now, without any pressure applied to the clutch, I can hear whirring noise, but once I press the clutch, the noise is gone. I think my T/O bearing fork is out of adjustment as of now that it lets the T/O bearing come in contact with the clutch springs without any pressure applied.
So in your case, it'd seems to be a bad T/O bearing. That's my assumption for now.
Actually I had that same problem. Clutch out = noisy and clutch in = not noisy. Shawn diagnosed mine as a transmission bearing and when I took it in sure enough it was the input shaft bearing. I hate to be the the one to tell you but your transmission isn't "happy", atleast thats how the guy told me. I would get it checked out immediatly.

·
missing El Polo Loco...
2,165 Posts
Dom said:
Actually I had that same problem. Clutch out = noisy and clutch in = not noisy. Shawn diagnosed mine as a transmission bearing and when I took it in sure enough it was the input shaft bearing. I hate to be the the one to tell you but your transmission isn't "happy", atleast thats how the guy told me. I would get it checked out immediatly.
o well, at least that would be easy enough as another DIY project..but I'm waiting for the LSD tranny anyway, so doesn't matter much.

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dom said:
does that go the same for me, too, or is that just about his problem?

·
Resident NICO Mod
5,972 Posts
Yours sounds more like a throw out bearing. The Input shaft does not spin when the clutch is engaged.

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dammit man. can i get this bearing

or do i need something different bc it's a ACT?

·
Resident NICO Mod
5,972 Posts
It should work. Did the ACT come with a bearing? I would think the bearing wouldn't matter no matter what clutch you are using it's only purpose is to spin when it hits the clutch cover.

·
Import Tech.
4,670 Posts
Yep , sounds like a T/O bearing , The ACT uses a Stock style T/O bearing !!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts