The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 5spd Altima and it runs really great. Most of the time the car idles fine, but every once in a while, the tach starts to dip down while idling. This has even caused the car to stall on a few occasions, but once I restart the car, it'll run fine. This seems to only happen once my engine is warmed up. I figured it wasn't any sensor because this doesn't happen all the time. Does anyone know what could be wrong?

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
Same. But that's cuz I didn't plug up the sensor hole on the cai that attaches to the throttle body. So check for air/vacuum leaks maybe?
Jay

·
I wish I still had a Alty
195 Posts
Same happened to me. Changed the fuel filter and no more probs.

·
SR20DE/sss
265 Posts
The problem is called sawing (like in seesaw). Your servo kits are already dirty. You need to have em cleaned. You should have em cleaned once a year. It happened to me before that i took it to my local dealer. Local dealers will tell you some parts to be replaced shit and you will spend a shit load. Don't beleive in them. Just go to your local engine bay who's got a background on fuel injectors and tell them to clean the servo kit. That's it. If they tell you that you need to replace some parts, tell them that you only need them to clean those servo kits. I'm pretty sure that's all. I had these problems for a couple of months only discovering that i need those servos cleaned with a carb spray cleaner. If you could do it yourself, the better. You will save a lot. I have an SR20DE engine and had the servo cleaned by a local shop coz the servo is hard to reach. REMEMBER, NO PARTS TO BE REPLACED. JUST TAKE OUT AND OPEN THE SERVO KIT FOR CLEANING.TNX.

Hey "mfroot", we have 100% the exact symptoms...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks for the reply serrano, I cleaned and checked the egr,and there is no oil in the distributor and I replaced the rotor,and cap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts