The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
donor cycle
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wet systems on altimas are bad... I never experienced any detonation or plug problems when i ran the nx system personally..... however, i traded my kit to PHX Altima II and he put many, many bottles through his car and last wednesday night, he lost all compression in the 4th cylinder and melted the tip off the plug... that leads me to believe that his 4th cylinder went dead lean because the front two or three were getting all the fuel... He did have his plugs gapped to far which is a no no w/ nitrous, but i still think it went down because that cylinder wasn't getting the necessary amount of fuel....... JWT dry system is the way to go!!

·
I ♥ speedbumps
1,459 Posts
Couldn't it have just been the spark plugs? You said you never had any problems with it..and you said his were gapped further...so maybe they were the cause of it?

·
Cube Farmer
1,710 Posts
Blew my 1st engine on a ZEX dry system with the plugs gaped down... Nitrous is just a dangerous thing to play with. It was fun while it lasted though. Its those F***ing light weight pistons that are the "weak link" IMO. If those pistons were stronger....

·
Die Trying
2,554 Posts
Re: Re: Re: well, SHAWN was right all along....

AltimaVixen said:
ur using dry or wet? how big a shot?

it's a dry 65 shot of Nitrous Oxide Systems (NOS)
JWT completely reprograms and remaps your ECU
Your car will have 2 stages: N/A, and nitrous
In order to juice NOS, the bottle must be opened, a micro-swith must be armed, and you have to be at full throttle.
The Nitrous starts at 2200 rpms and kills 200 rpms before redline, in case you miss a gear, or are not in gear, etc. It's a safety precaution.
The entire set up is ran through the computer. When the nitrous stage is in effect, it completely retards timing, adjust fuel, and air ratios, etc automatically. It's the safest wet or dry nitrous system out there for any car! It cost $1500 for the 65 shot

there's also a 100 shot which is all pretty much the same, but they issue 300zx twin turbo injectors. That's the only fuel upgrade needed. It runs a little more $$$, not sure exactly how much

1 - 7 of 7 Posts