The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Import Tech.
4,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I decided to try out the Portland International Raceway Grudge night drag racing ... I was a little hesitant because I have heard some crazy thing about them .. But the night went good ... I got there at about 8 pm ... Ran a few high 15's with horable 2.7 60 fts. ... but it was either spin the tires through 1st or bog .. So I played with it , and pulled off this best run of the night .... I did end up running one 2.23 60 ft. .. and beat my best street tire run , so I guess I had a good night !!! The car I ran with most of the night was my friends 96 200SX SE-R with an 11:1 SR20DE and all of the same boltons I have ... He ran a best of the night at 15.1 ... It is amazing how similar our cars are !!! I am # 913 , he was the other car # 921 .... I did have a fun run with a bone stock looking 280Z ... It had a crazy built 82 280ZX turbo engine in it and was running low 14's all night with a big launch problem , he got a 3.4 60 ft so I had him to half track , then he went by me like I was standing still !!!!! Crazy Top end !!! I really wanted to run some stangs , but the guy would only line up imports vs. imports and domestics vs. domestics ..... kinda crazy on how they ran the lanes , but it was fun ...

·
donor cycle
14,572 Posts
i ran my new best time in the neon tonight. 15.37 @ 89.8 w/ 2.3 60' Only mods are motor mount inserts and pos WAI matrix intake.. It was fairly warm out tonight. I can't wait for winter time!

·
Import Tech.
4,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried launching at 2000 and dump , but it would just spin !!! I had to do slide the clutch out with an equal amount of throttle , a pain , but it seemed to work .... the 200SX would dump at 4500 and hook !!! His tires hook way better in a strait line than mine !!! I was on 205-50-16 Yokohama A520's , he was on 215-50-16 Falken Azenis ( sic?) ....... Next time I go the slicks will be on !!! Then I just rev to 5000 and dump !!! Hey again CONGRATS on the 14.2 and 1.9 60ft. !!!!!! Keep it up and I will keep trying to keep up !!!!! It was funny , we switched cars for a run , I ran a 15.3 in his car and he ran a 16.4 ( ouch ) in mine , something about shifting 1-2-5th , doesnt make for a very quick run !!!!

·
donor cycle
14,572 Posts
SHAWN, i know you are an all motor freak, but man, your shit would be quick as hell with a small shot of nitrous and slicks!!!

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
Rick said:
SHAWN, i know you are an all motor freak, but man, your shit would be quick as hell with a small shot of nitrous and slicks!!!
oh no he didn't :eek:

true

shawn, try revvin to almost 6k and dump it, that's fun!! with the slicks of course

rick, unless you can get a damn good deal on drags, i suggest investing in a nice set of slicks. they're not much more for the pair, and you'll cut better 60' times. They're awesome!! I can't wait to go again just to launch at 6k and dump that biotch

i always found it best to slip the clutch at 3k on street 17's. i got a 2.25 that way and a 2.29. seems to be my best way on the 17's

·
Import Tech.
4,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rick said:

Yea I know ......But you said it .... I am an All Motor Freak !! Mabie some time in the future.... But for now its gona have to stay All Motor ....

·
donor cycle
14,572 Posts
SHAWN said:

Yea I know ......But you said it .... I am an All Motor Freak !! Mabie some time in the future.... But for now its gona have to stay All Motor ....
i know, i know... Oh well, you're doing a hell of a job all-motor anyways! :)

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
plus you get more respect that way.

one of my friends has an all-motor hatch that runs a 14 flat on the falkin azenis. his best is a 13.7 on m/t 20x6x14. like i said, he may not be the fastest, but it's damn good for all motor.

·
DOES HE EVER SHUTUP!
446 Posts
All motor is good but I respect people with plain and simple fast cars. My friend's ITR motor hatch cut a 14 flat on streets with a vanilla high 2.3 60 ft. But I still mop his ass up pretty easily. Now if you have an all motor LS1 then that different, but then maybe I am bias because my car has never been all motor.

·
Shadetree Mechanic
6,095 Posts
I'm putting a 65 shot on my LT1:D I originally purchased the kit for the Altima but am having so many issues with it I'm just gonna throw it on the Camaro. I should run 13's I'm guessing. My best run was 14.2 until I got a new clutch and now I can't seem to run lower than 14.6(every time!:angry2: )

·
Import Tech.
4,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
GOKU said:
shawn is that with your cams ? how are those cams btw?

Nope , stock cams .... TopEnd lost my Cores I sent them , so I havent goten them yet ...... I think it is time I start opening some whoop a$$ !!!! I have been super patent with them , but its getting a little rediculious !!!!!

Oh and Rick ...Screw NOS .. My LS1 would be Supercharged ..... !!!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts