The Nissan Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Be very afraid...
5,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a bad looking car -- saw it in the dark blue, had the rear lip spoiler and TRD exhaust. But it's not a hatchback, it's got an "open trunk" with a tiny little trunk lid. Seemed really pointless and unpractical. So that was partial deal-breaker #1.

Then I talked to one of the sales guys, who had done a really good job of ignoring me until I chased him down. Asked what the "pure pricing" deal is all about ... basically, he said it's no-haggle pricing where you pay MSRP. So that was partial deal-breaker #2.

So I asked about lead time to order one with the options I want. He said they don't order specific cars, you just have to look at what they have coming in from month to month and see if it fits your needs. I asked again, no way to order specific option on a car even if I want to wait for it? Nope. Final deal-breaker.

There is no way I'm going to pay sticker price for a car that isn't optioned exactly the way I want it. Especially since you know the cars they get on the lot are going to be optioned up -- the one I looked at had a sticker of almost $20K, where one optioned the way I want is only $18K.

So maybe it's time to look at the Tib.

·
Be very afraid...
5,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll exhaust all my new-car options before considering anything used ... but if it comes to that, I may check out a G20. It's just got way less power (or at least, way lower power/weight ratio) than I want.

·
OG
4,071 Posts
Creature said:
I'll exhaust all my new-car options before considering anything used ... but if it comes to that, I may check out a G20. It's just got way less power (or at least, way lower power/weight ratio) than I want.
i know what u mean ... but the cheapest turbo kit is a T25 @ only $1800 and gets you ~210hp.

·
Just another ricer
2,177 Posts
Creature said:
but if it comes to that, I may check out a G20. It's just got way less power ()
bwahahaha told you cwing! yea he'll go from a G35 to a G20.....he ain't that nuts

·
4,020 Posts
They should be able to dealer trade the one you want. I know the Toyota dealership here that has Scions has about 20 tCs on the lot, all different variations. In addition if the options that are included/missing are items like radio, and the like, those are options that can be dealer swapped.
On a side note, you think a G20 has poor power to weight ratio, wait until you step into a Tib, even in a V6, there really not that powerful and weigh A LOT!

·
It's almost over now!!
3,660 Posts
Go to another dealership. that's BS they told you they had a "no ordering" on site...the scion is all about factory modability! and the fact that they are asking for 2-4k over sticker price is a fucking joke!

·
It's almost over now!!
3,660 Posts
actually the GT tiburon 6cyl equipped packs quite a punch for the low sticker price...15 seconds for 17 grand isn't that shabby...
specially compared to the overly slow altimas...(1st-3rd gen)

·
4,020 Posts
Actually perfomance specs on the 2004 Tiburon GT 6 speed manual are 0 - 60 in about 7.94 seconds and 1/4 mile around 16.14.
Considering a 98 Altima does it in 8.2 and 16.4 respectively.

·
Be very afraid...
5,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Motor Trend figures on the Tib:

2003 GT V-6 Cpe, MT Jul-02, 2.7 V-6/6M

0-50, s. - 5.09
0-60, s. - 7.01
0-70, s. - 9.11
1/4 Mile, s. - 15.34
Top Speed, mph - 132.00
60-0 Braking, ft. - 126.00
Slalom, mph - 65.90
Skidpad, g. - .82

·
Golden Member
1,834 Posts
<cough> *bullshit* <cough>

·
Resident Lush
1,245 Posts
There just something wrong about a v6 that only puts out 180hp.

Since the tC is so new they won't discount shit off of the sticker, you should wait a couple months.

·
Once again in a DSM!!
1,499 Posts
Well thats sucks that the Scion got eliminated so early in the race but i would suggest going to another stealership to see about the options becuase the Scions do come however you want them.. if you want it just plain with no addons then theyll order it like that..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts