The Nissan Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
abs was a $155 option on all trims in 1995. Yeah, you can bring abs over, but you'll hafta do a lotta work. First off, I'd read in the suspension forum about swapping the rear drums for discs if you don't have discs already.
Jae

G

·
ThurzNite said:
abs was a $155 option on all trims in 1995. Yeah, you can bring abs over, but you'll hafta do a lotta work. First off, I'd read in the suspension forum about swapping the rear drums for discs if you don't have discs already.
Jae

·
Rally U13
896 Posts
PBCrunch said:
Also, is the 1995 Altima OBDI or OBDII?
'95 ka24de's were the first with OBDII.

as for the abs swap, it's kinda cost prohibitive, seeing that you need new gagues to get the abs warning lights, upgrading to a newer fuse box (not sure about that), putting in all new brakes (for most ppl that means rear drum-disc swappage), pulling the axles to do new wiring (not sure about that either)... its a lot of work.
<edit>in a 1st gen. '95 or newer, you would only need to add the wiring, fuse, abs box, and the brakes. its more work when you are doing the swap on a pre-'95 altima, though.</edit>

if you wanna do it, though, go ahead. just try to do a write up for us:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am one step ahead since the car is an SE with discs at all corners from the factory. It isn't my car, so I this probably won't be happening. Sorry guys.

If I buy one of those universal OBDII PalmPilot ECU interface things, will it work with a 1995 Altima SE?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.