The Nissan Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got myself some strobes and wanted to intstall the inside my altima but do know were to wire them up to ? can any one tell me a god place to wire 4 strobes to.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Ok, I'll actually try to help the poor guy... Your best bet would be to connect it to any +12 voltage w/ a switch in series. I don't think you'd be drawing enough current to need a relay. You can find +12v anywhere, but your best bet might be the cig. lighter. Enjoy, and welcome to the forum.

Hey it might be rice, but that's not my decision to make.

·
Resident NICO Mod
5,972 Posts
Run a tap off of your fuse box. Find a blank fuse holder that does have power and tap that. Wire a switch in series and then ground the lights to a suitable metal structure under the dash. You should be good to go. Have a test light to find a good power source and try not to splice into the vehicles harness as those lgiths might draw too much amperage and create a fuse blowing problem.

·
Banned
100 Posts
sad sad.. if you cant wire up strobes what are you trying to show off??? a bone stock alty with flashing headlights??? Actully you can wire them up anywhere in the fuse box...say that you wanted them to light up when you turned on your headlights or maybe your stereo, then you just read the little sticker on the back of the fuse box lid find out which one controls what and ram the wire in there... the right side only has power. I actully did this one time, i was going to one of the not so LEGAL races. As i pulled up i turned my blue strobes on ( that i had bought just for this purpose) People ran everywhere. Hey like i said if you can't join 'em BEAT 'em!!!!

·
Pacman
341 Posts
Do it like Rev says. And you shouldn't need a relay. I have put them in other people's cars w/o a relay and had no probs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok let me make myself more clear i got 2 set of strobes ( the ones that cops have in there cars ) i wanted to put them inside my headlight but dont know where to wire them too.

·
4,020 Posts
Or...

kiKS said:
I actully did this one time, i was going to one of the not so LEGAL races. As i pulled up i turned my blue strobes on ( that i had bought just for this purpose) People ran everywhere. Hey like i said if you can't join 'em BEAT 'em!!!!
Or if your my friend, just take your shirt off and flash everyone your tits at the light waiting for it to go green... ;)

·
Registered
81 Posts
like the HID strobed those are like thousands of dollars. . . . actually when i worked @ pep-boys, one of my friends/co-workers actually has a friend in DOT and he could get me the HID strobes in stalled and get the emerigency vehicle sticker and licsense. with those suckaz on no one can pull you over or give you a ticket. so go 145 on the freeway, ya y not? :)
all for $220

·
Banned
2,015 Posts
kiKS said:
sad sad.. if you cant wire up strobes what are you trying to show off??? a bone stock alty with flashing headlights??? Actully you can wire them up anywhere in the fuse box...say that you wanted them to light up when you turned on your headlights or maybe your stereo, then you just read the little sticker on the back of the fuse box lid find out which one controls what and ram the wire in there... the right side only has power. I actully did this one time, i was going to one of the not so LEGAL races. As i pulled up i turned my blue strobes on ( that i had bought just for this purpose) People ran everywhere. Hey like i said if you can't join 'em BEAT 'em!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
hate 2 steal it but im gonna have to use it!

·
Resident NICO Mod
5,972 Posts
UnderPressure said:
like the HID strobed those are like thousands of dollars. . . . actually when i worked @ pep-boys, one of my friends/co-workers actually has a friend in DOT and he could get me the HID strobes in stalled and get the emerigency vehicle sticker and licsense. with those suckaz on no one can pull you over or give you a ticket. so go 145 on the freeway, ya y not? :)
all for $220

I had a Fire Dept sticker on my old truck. No one would look at me sideways as I drove past making good speed.

·
Resistance is futile
3,202 Posts
RiChiE's aLty said:
ok let me make myself more clear i got 2 set of strobes ( the ones that cops have in there cars ) i wanted to put them inside my headlight but dont know where to wire them too.

Ohhh, in THAT case, wire them directly to your wallet, since that's what the cops will come after when they see you driving around with strobe lites....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts